Burning Amp? SFO

Looks kind of interesting and weird.. if I was within driving distance...

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

-- "it's the network..." "The Journey is the reward" snipped-for-privacy@interlog.com Info for manufacturers:

Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers:

Spehro Pefhany

They used to do this at that raw speaker (as in driver) shop on Shotwell in SF. [Name escapes me.] Shotwell is a street that is appropriately named. Far better to spend a bit of money and use Fort Mason by the Marina.

The economy is absolutely picking up. A few weeks ago I was in San Francisco and I only had to deal with 3 panhandlers in my trip from the BART station to MOMA. Usually I see half a dozen.

Reply to
miso

They've all been hired to write Ruby apps.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Not all of them. Most are working to re-elect Obama.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Trust me, panhandling is their job. One of the papers years ago had some staffer get all scruffy and do pan handling. The take was about $80, which was double the minimum wage at the time. Oh, and their tax rate was less than Romney's 15%.

Reply to
miso

Marina.

There is one that is usually on a corner about a mile from here. He is a nasty piece of work, so I just ignore him. He and his wife were living at a church for free, getting food stamps and he was out there begging. A member of the church lost her home and stopped to ask if anyone could help her find a place to live. He cursed her out and threatened to beat her up. She has severe Rheumatoid Arthritis and is so bent & twisted she can barely take care of herself. That was when they were tossed back out on the street.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I assume it's a take-off on "Burning Man", rather than a literal expression of how the amplifier might operate in your house.

So, an attempt to be edgy and whatever else that name implies.

There's a coffee shop called St. Moritz right beside a ski slope that has a cosy-looking fireplace right in the middle.

The flames are (re)produced on a flat-screen monitor, the ski slope (all two football fields of it) and snow are artificial, and it might be 40-50°C outside. About $80 for a day pass including ski lift and jacket, $50 for a couple of hours.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

You know you're dealing with the lunatic fringe in consumer electronic design, when 'burning' is considered a heart-warming feature of the finished product in your living room.

This in an era when flames are displayed without heat, heat is produced without flame and anything producing smoke is considered to be a health hazard, if not simply unsafe.

RL

Reply to
legg

Ditto on the "Burning Man" spinoff. Some people don't know that Burning Man started with the "burners" on Ocean Beach. Maybe as early an 1985. Burning on the beach was never legal, but I mean, hey, it is a beach. It is not like you are going to set something valuable on fire. It wasn't like the fire department was going to waste their time putting out the fire. But the city cracked down from time to time, so it was moved to the Nevada. I never saw any naked women around the fire, though lots of dope smoking.

The naked women were further north, over at Baker Beach.

Reply to
miso

Probably give as much to charity as Democrats, like Biden, too.

Reply to
krw

Marina.

Starting off with a triple of lies like that, there is no reason to read further. You lefties have lost it.

Reply to
krw

It just proves that liberalism displays a character flaw. I do hope miso will take some good video of his head exploding next Tuesday and post it up on utube.

Reply to
tm

30% is very little?
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You mean 'Have someone else take a video', because there wouldn't be enough neurons left to do anything.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That's to the Mormon church. Miso is right, it is not a charity.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

So, do YOU give away more that 30% of your after tax income?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

So all churches, such as the catholic church, are not charities? The law says differently, moreover i seriously doubt that the Mormon church gets more than a third of that 30%. That is 20% to other charities. How much do you contribute? How much does Obummer?

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Much like Willard, you fail to produce anything factual. You call me a liar, but don't explain what the lies are. This is also known as just blowing it out your ass.

Romney hasn't taken a reporter's question for 3 weeks now.

Reply to
miso

That isn't the question. Nor are many people in a position to give away

30% of their income. The point is giving the money to your church is not like giving money to Oxfam, Doctors without Borders, Habitat for Humanity, etc.
Reply to
miso

So, what do you claim they do with the money?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell