Burned my fist M-DISC today

Burned my first M-DISC today

This weekend I had to wait for some thing on the PC to complete, and stared at the front, the light came in a different angle, and I noticed this:

We discussed M-DISC here a while back, and I looked up my bluray writer (THIS ONE!!) and it was not listed as supported for M-Disc.

Normally you cannot see that M@DISC logo, I was actually looking at the LG logo, nice done, and then I noticed it...

So got a pack of 10 M-Discs today (about 40 Euro), and tried one (in Linux): just made an ext2 filesystem, do that for bluray too, no more crap:

944 M-DISC Millenniata 4.7GB burned 4x ext2 filesystem How to burn: dd if=/dev/zero bs=1000000 count=4700 > mdisc.iso mke2fs mdisc.iso mount -o loop=/dev/loop0 mdisc.iso /mnt/loop

loop: cp -ip files.... /mnt/loop/

# l /mnt/loop total 4279516 ....

umount /dev/loop growisofs -speed 3 -Z /dev/dvd=mdisc.iso dvdimagecmp -a mdisc.iso -b /dev/dvd

And it works! Should get the inkjet printable next time, these disks are transparent.. Can just write the number on the inside rim.

After finished erase files in mdisc.iso: mount -o loop=/dev/loop0 mdisc.iso /mnt/loop rm /mnt/loop/* zsh: sure you want to delete all the files in /mnt/loop [yn]? y rm: cannot remove /mnt/loop/lost+found': Is a directory

And start over again for the next M-Disc: goto loop

Now to check these disks in a thousand years... :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje