brushless gimbals

Hi,

I am looking into a gimbal mount and came across these brushless gimbals for R/C quadcopter video cameras:

Apparently the brushless motors are similar to brushless outrunners from R/C, but are rewound so they are useable as gimbal motors. I was wondering how they would be rewound likely? Also what would the expected angular resolution of a motor like this be? Also could "regen braking" be used to operate the gimbal in a quick oscillation mode for 2D laser scanning?

cheers, Jamie

Reply to
Jamie M

Well I did some more research and they are just rewound for more torque (more wires) to hold the camera in position. Also the speed controller is probably just a normal speed controller with the addition of PID feedback. Any idea on the positional accuracy these motors could have?

cheers, Jamie

Reply to
Jamie M

they basically use them as stepper motors, low number of steps and microstepping probably more smooth that a usual stepper

the rewind is probably to get torque at a reasonable current for the driver, many BLDC are tens of turns,

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen