Boston Dynamics? Atlas can perform backflips now

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Oh he's like everybody, he had to practice to get it right! Very Cool.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

You can see he doesn't really have it all together, not quite as good as a human.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

I prefer to watch Cirque du Soleil!

John

Reply to
John Robertson

Humanoid robots seem silly to me.

And why, in all the horror movies, do the robot's eyes glow? That's a terrible optics idea, eyes with lightbulbs inside.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

It's progress. At some point she will be able to do things that you find enjoyable.

Reply to
mike

No remote power this time? I wonder what they are using.

Martin Riddle

Most of their probably comes from DARPA or something similar. Aren't these the same people who made that robotic pack animal to accompany military patrols? IIRC it was finally rejected because it was just too damned noisy.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Tracked vehicles look like the best bet for awkward terrain.

It makes them look much scarier. And it works too.

I built a full size cyberman for our village scarecrow competition one year and its blue LED illuminated eyes made it look much more scary. Not surprisingly cosy things like Wallace & Gromet won all the prizes but mine actually stopped the traffic while people jumped out for a selfie.

It wasn't the goriest either - one of the local churches is St Oswald's and they had a headless scarecrow head under arm on display to match.

ISTR some old vidicon tubes used glow slightly in use as cameras.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Take the garbage out? Make a taco run? Empty the dishwasher?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

When they can merge that into those sex robots then watch out

Reply to
bulegoge