Boeing flies EMP weapon

The so-called E-bombs have been around for decades if not years according t o GlobalSecurity. All Boeing did was put a scaled down version into somethi ng that looks like a cruise missile airframe. They're probably worthless ag ainst hard targets. But then again , for hard targets, who would be concern ed about limiting collateral damage with a conventional bomb? And that stuf f about eliminating civilian casualties is a bunch of bull. They want to us e Ebombs to knock out AAW radars and command and control so they can bomb t he living hell out of them with impunity.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Macy

g9m=

~~.=

I wondered how my Yaesu VX-7R would do in such a situation. It's a magnesium case on that thing.

But alas - I think it too might suffer. Time to wrap the house in fine copper mesh and ground that.

On a sunny day (Thu, 25 Oct 2012 16:09:23 -0700 (PDT)) it happened snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in :

Probably true.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Put your emergency electronics in an old microwave oven (grounded) - it works like a Tesla cage and you can find them at thrift stores for $5 (or free in a dumpster).

Reply to
G. Morgan

On a sunny day (Fri, 26 Oct 2012 03:52:17 -0500) it happened G. Morgan wrote in :

Right on!

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

No, wrong on three accounts:

A cooky tin will do as well, there is no need to ground it, and it's a Faraday cage.

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

Are you not forgetting about cabling, and any interconnects which might emerge from this Faraday cage?

--
Mike Perkins
Video Solutions Ltd

On a sunny day (Fri, 26 Oct 2012 14:10:46 +0200) it happened Jeroen Belleman wrote in :

Maybe you are in a disagreeing mood, but really old microwave is the perfect thing for this. Finding a large enough 'cooky tin' to hold al my essential stuff would be impossible. You'd have to ask the cooky monster :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Correct, it's a Faraday cage - my bad. It should be grounded, even a cookie tin.

Reply to
G. Morgan

What interconnects? Just use the ground lead, not plug in to the hot & neutral (cut those off)

Reply to
G. Morgan

I was thinking that most computers that do something useful tend to have an I/O somewhere about them, which has to connect to a transducer, I/O device or even a network.

If we're talking about storage during an attack, what makes you think there'll be much advanced warning?

--
Mike Perkins
Video Solutions Ltd
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Mike Perkins

Why do you think it must be grounded?

It doesn't.

--

John Devereux
Reply to

On a sunny day (Sat, 27 Oct 2012 13:20:11 +0100) it happened Mike Perkins wrote in :

Some things I would put in the microwave if the nucear sunshine season was on:

1) my 150 W 27 Mhz / 30 MHz amateur band transceiver (now a big microwave is half full), 2) the same 27MHz one for local. 3) shortwave radios (one with full band coverage for LW to 21 MHz 4) some cellsphones, some bluetooth headset in case any network survives. 5) video camera if there still is place. 6)some cookies 7) My small radiation meter alias geiger countyer, (the big one's probe won,t fit no way). 8) optionally some GPRM walky talkies 9) USB sticks with backup data from stuff I wrote/

There is more, and more space is needed. You need radiation free water too. Have fun. I do have a day or 2 battery backup for most stuff, batteries will likely survive. The chargers wont, neither your electronically controlled soldering iron...

My DVDs and CDs are in an alu case, will ikely survive, the players not..

You can add tinfoil hat if you are into that.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

I just called my cell phone inside both of my microwaves. They are tuned to reject 2.4 ghz only.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

So, how come the camera and recorder survived to record the computers going down ??

I thought I heard the narator mention something about a camera going out though. Wasn't sure what that was exactly.

boB K7IQ

Reply to
boB