bluetooth in-situ meat thermometer, has +275 degree C range!

Yes - that could happen in combined mode.

I was thinking in the case where the combi is used in pure heat mode (as I do - don't have a full sized cooker right now)

I could test this safely - just thought of a way. If I pop my phone in and shut the door (with oven cold and off) and see how it affects bluetooth audio to my phones...

Be an interesting experiment.

--
Email does not work
Reply to

The temp of the probe of course.

lunatic fringe electronics

Love the name Meater

The secret might be in their patent ? Haven't looked at it yet but...

boB

Thanks. That should help.

As shown in FIG. 10D, the battery 232 is positioned near the tip portion 212 to allow the food to insulate the battery 232 from high temperatures. One of the advantages of this arrangement is utilizing the battery structure and positioning it in a manner to allow the battery to operate despite high temperatures in a cooking vessel that may otherwise degrade performance. Traditional electrolyte batteries for thermometers as known in the art may fail to operate under high temperature conditions due to a lack of high temperature tolerance and/or high temperature insulation. Due to the insulation provided by the food 108, the battery 232 can ordinarily have a lower operating temperature limit corresponding to a maximum food cooking temperature plus a factor of safety

In addition, the battery 232 in some implementations can include a solid-state battery that tolerates a relatively higher temperature, such as a thin film lithium battery

In such an implementation, the battery 232 would also not include volatile solvents or liquid state chemicals that may further eliminate potential food safety concerns.

Fig 10D does not show battery 232. The tip 212 appears on the first drawing and Fig 10A, but not on Fig 10D. Thin film lithium ion batteries have been shown to

The major vendor of thin film lithium cells, Infinite Power Solutions, received $34.7 million in funding in 2006, but seems to be out of the battery biz as their old domain is for sale and the new one is listed as "coming soon" and possibly a different business:

No clue what type of "solid-state battery" might be involved.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com