Blue Angels over San Francisco

Pics from the roof.

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/Blue_2010.zip

These guys are insane, doing vertical breaks over Van Ness Avenue and dodging between buildings at 300 MPH, in one of the densest and most anti-military-leftist-commie cities on the planet. Cool.

Rumor has it that this will be one of the biggest Fleet Weeks ever, specifically to piss off stupidvisor Chris Daly.

John

"John Larkin" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Cool. When they visit Jones Beach, they hole up at the local airport. Just love the Departures, different every time. Which is in stark contrast to the Thunderbirds, who just land and take off.

Martin Riddle

Nice pictures. #11 is really good.

Fleet Week is a wonderful event. I've always had a great time there. The view of the Blue Angels flying low over the city and then over the water is truly exhilarating.

Bob

--
== All google group posts are automatically deleted due to spam ==
Reply to

Our PC boards are the same, blue with yellow trim.

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/LTM1.jpg

They even have patriotic American flags! With 50 stars!

John

I thought it was Obama celebrating the totalitarian government of San Fransicko ;-) ...Jim Thompson

               I can see November from my house :-)

Linear Tech is a fine company. Their LTMs are well behaved and easy to use. Some of their FAEs even know how to use a soldering iron.

50 stars? I thought that Alabama had receded years ago.

Bob

--
== All google group posts are automatically deleted due to spam ==
Reply to
BobW

Nice pics!

We were there two years ago - oblivious to it being Fleet Week - and arrived down near the harbour on the Thursday to see part of their rehearsal. Penny suddenly dropped.

Friday we had pre-booked an Alcatraz tour, so we spent much of our time on the rock looking at the show, and taking pics (not half as good as yours though).

"Furriner"

Reply to
who where

On a sunny day (Thu, 07 Oct 2010 17:26:31 -0700) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

Amazing that the city allows them to do that. I am close to a mil base, and they do that only on some show days above the airfield. If anything goes wrong (happens) above a city the damage would be huge.

Well, will have to wait until one flies into a building :-)

A while ago one flew againt a building in construction next to an airfield here.. Approach was too low.

Being next to the mil base I hear them training now, almost every day. Will drive past it in an hour or so, there are always spotter next to it filming.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Thu, 07 Oct 2010 17:26:31 -0700) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

PS Nice pictures:-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

"Receded"? Nope it's not at all backwards, but it should ceceed, again. The fed still wants my taxes.

Reply to
krw

^^^^^^ Crap! "Seceed". Double-bumped the send button.

Reply to
krw

Secede. ;-)

Rich Grise, self-appointed Chief, USENET Spelling Police. ;-)

Reply to
USENET Spelling Police

Crap again. Damned speeling czechers, I'm going to watch TV...

Reply to
krw

Looks good until someone does a Ramstein

Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax