Bifilar Wound Balun Transformer

What the numbers are doesn't matter, the solver uses iterative algorithms that save inverting the whole N x N matrix. Matrix operations are O(N^3), so a modest circuit with 100 nodes takes about 10^6 more operations than a basic battery and lightbulb circuit. And that's if it guessed the correct timestep the first time, which very rarely occurs. SPICE throws away a

*lot* of computation.

Obviously, you've never simulated anything of significance, or you'd know this. The degree of these approximations is controlled by the simulation parameters, which experienced users understand must be optimized for a given model to avoid slowing to a crawl (with default settings, LTSpice likes to wander off into the picoseconds, eating glue) or generating errors (most often "timestep too small").

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

Only a couple of hundred million dollars worth.

My first simulation, when I was about 20, was of a 32,000 horsepower steamship propulsion system, all the way from the my control system to the hull moving through the water. I didn't use Spice.

It worked just fine.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

get

s!

r in

ons

,
,

Congratulations on coming up with an idea. You don't do it often. For extra credit come up with an idea that makes some kind of sense - you haven't yet, but while there's life there's hope.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

:

forget

ines!

rmer in

ctions

el

hey

re

ts

it,

fe.

ne

odel

CVS,

rt

ry

.

It's been done. I think I referenced a text on the subject in my Ph.D. thesis back in 1969.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to