BGA Rework/Prototype Placement Anyone?

Hello,

Does anyone else find themselves in the position I often find myself in: It is a royal pain to get prototype quantities populated with BGA components. If an assembly house has BGA machinery they are typically too big to care about the little guy like me who doesn't need all that many boards assembled but is willing to pay for the service for a few boards.

For the first few boards I often like to populate in blocks and do tests at each stage so if there is a problem it is much easier to isolate the problem. If you populate the whole board and then find a problem (if you can) fixing it often means removing components that you've already populated.

It would also be very expensive to populate a small run using an SMT-line and then find out that the power supply is going to blow up parts (especially a worry if you have a boost power supply).

Does anyone know of anywhere that will take a few boards and populate a few BGA's by hand? In Canada? In southern Onatrio?

If there is nothing out there, is anyone interested in this type of service. I need this service so I was considering purchasing a rework station and then making the service available for a fee to pay for the station and to provide a service to the design world. Would anyone use this?

Thanks for your input,

James.

Reply to
James Morrison

Not exactly Canada,

but they do excellent work. They added/reworked BGAs on some of our boards, before we worked up the courage to do it ourselves. Ask for Francisco Sanchez.

John

I have am currently using MIS Electronics. They have pulled few rabbits out of a very tight hat for me in the past. Write to me for details if you wish. Here is a link

Speak with Saeid Mohmedi

Regards,

Boris Mohar Viatrack Printed Circuit Designs (among other things)

Reply to
Boris Mohar

I did recently setup an apparatus :

I didn't test it with a real board yet, but am confident that it works as it does in the commercial places.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

Un bel giorno Rene Tschaggelar digitò:

Very cool! Please, keep us informed on the progresses you will make.

--
asd
Reply to