BFT93 EOL!

Those barstids at NXP have done it again. Stock up on BFT92s while you can.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

Damn. All the fast discretes are going away, especially the PNPs.

I recently bought 12,000 of BFQ149.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

There's still a few MMBTH parts in production. The nice NEC things are mostly gone.

Anybody know of remaining RF bipolars in SOT23 or SOT89?

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

I've got a reel of MMBTH10, more than a lifetime supply at my rate.

(Not very screaming, but a good jellybean substitute for 2N3904 and the like -- smaller and faster.)

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Williams

MMBTH81 is a kinda-fast PNP.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

I have about 60k JFETs, divided between BF862s and CPH3910s, because small, low noise JFETs are irreplaceable. There are usually circuit tricks that can be used instead of PNPs for the things that I mostly care about, so I'm not going to sink that amount of dough into BFT92s.

At this point the only fast PNPs are BFT92s and the Intersil HFA series arrays.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I am so glad I switched to designing ICs many, many years ago...

-- Kevin Aylward

- SuperSpice

Kevin Aylward

I never switched ;-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

BTW, what is the difference between BFT93 and BFT92? I don't see anything significant in datasheets. Am I missing something?

*  KSI@home    KOI8 Net  < >  The impossible we do immediately.  *
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Sergey Kubushyn

It's an NPN though. There are lots of fast NPNs still, but it looks like the BFT92 and Intersil HFA parts are the only fast PNPs left in "full production", whatever that means. Get 'em while they last, folks.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

The BFT93 seems to be a slightly larger version--35 mA I_Cmax vs. 25 mA for the BFT92, V_CEO = 15V vs. 20V. So it's approximately 1.5x as large as the BFT92. If they were going to bail on one and keep the other, I support their choice, but given that they already axed the BF862, I'm not optimistic. :(

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

So looks like nothing significant, I can relax :) I do have a reel of BFT92s so that will be enough for the rest of my life...

*  KSI@home    KOI8 Net  < >  The impossible we do immediately.  *
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Sergey Kubushyn

Huh, so if instead everyone switched to the BFT93 and there was still enough demand maybe it would live on...? You hoarder's are ruining everything. :^) (we have life time buys of several now gone parts.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold