BEWARE: InformEnter Update on Firefox

Suddenly lost all my InformEnter data.

Turns out that automatic update did the dastardly deed.

Rolled back to v0.76.1-signed and the data reappeared.

Turned off auto-update. ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | "Those [of us] who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night" -Edgar Allan Poe

I copy the InFormEnter data out to a text file now and then. That can be pasted into a new version or whatever.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Numerous times i advised to ALWAYS turn off and disable "auto" updates. On virtually EVERYTHING, with the possible exception WRT Anti-Virus software. In fact, my caution starts AT installation time. OS 9, the one after OS 8, behaves perfectly due to this caution...

Reply to
Robert Baer

The Firefox plugin interface has changed, so old extensions don't work. You have to upgrade them. I suppose you could keep using older versions of Firefox, but the new revs are faster and more stable and more secure.

I'm just getting up to speed on the userchrome thing, which is the way to change appearances now. I have managed to make the active tab turn yellow.

InFormEnter still works for me, and it didn't lose my file when I upgraded. I really hate filling out forms.

I'm using MalWareBytes for AV, and it makes more sense than most.

lunatic fringe electronics