Best small run PCB manufacturer - Page 2

Re: Best small run PCB manufacturer

How did they reconcile the electrical test vs. the shorts?
---
We've mostly used Advanced Circuits for multilayer boards, generally
without
Re: Best small run PCB manufacturer

I've take some 4Layer boards from www.onlypcb.com  that make me
surprise,good quality.

Re: Best small run PCB manufacturer

Well, we just moved to another supplier!  One error of that sort
and we just blacklisted them forever.
Well, once I have several hundred $ of parts on a big board, I sure don't
want to scrap it.  I had to put several amps into the power/ground plane
and then observe millivolt differences to try to localize the short.
When I got real close, I then shined a bright light on the back of the
board and looked through the window around the PTH's until I found one that
looked suspicious.  I then carved into the board with an X-acto knife
until I cut the short.  Probably cost me 4 hours to fix one board.

Anyway, most vendors will just credit you the $15 or whatever you paid for
the per-board part of the order.  BIG DEAL!  I want their heads mounted on a
pole as a warning to other vendors.  I can tell by tiny prick marks in the
pads when a board  has actually been electrically tested on the flying probe
tester.  Every board ought to have those marks, or I am being cheated by
the fabricator.  I think the logic is they test the first 5 boards of the
lot, and if they pass, they just mark the whole rest of the lot OK.
Anybody who does this ought to be fired on the spot.  So, now that I have
found a fabricator who really DOES make sure there are no screwups or
shortcuts, I am very reluctant to switch.

Gee, I sure HOPE SO!  How the heck did that get through electrical test?
Did they use the first board as the "golden board" and then check all others
against the first?  Brilliant plan - unless there is a systematic error in
all the boards!  Well, I had some similar experiences with Adv. Circuits
years ago, where they opened up the power plane clearances on a batch of
boards without my authorization.  I had already checked the power and
ground plane continuity at the specified clearance, so when the opened it
up it cut some of the planes.  I never knew how these got past electrical
test, but they had to remake that batch.  For this reason, the tester should
be programmed from the board layout, NOT from a "golden board" unless you
KNOW that it is truly correct.

Jon

Re: Best small run PCB manufacturer

The 'error' that caught me off guard was when the PCB Fab house found
a large blank area to leave metal letters describing their firm and
the part number and the llot run info - RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF A HIGH
VOLTAGE GAP!  All without asking.  In defense, the board WAS small and
there was no other location, but still.

Re: Best small run PCB manufacturer
On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 03:54:55 GMT, klausjensen@nutradyne.com (Klaus

I've used Olimex (Bulgaria), PCB Cart (China) and Advanced Circuits
(Denver) all with excellent results.

Jim

Re: Best small run PCB manufacturer
On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 03:54:55 GMT, klausjensen@nutradyne.com (Klaus

No matter who you choose, you need to check first if their process
handles the file type(s) of your design software.

Re: Best small run PCB manufacturer

You mean to say that you have found somewhere that doesn't handle Gerbers??
Must be somthing very special

---

Re: Best small run PCB manufacturer
On 1D4%C212C8%D5, C9%CFCE%E711CA%B154B7%D6, klausjen...@nutradyne.com=

I've take some boards on Onlypcb,china manufacture,not bad,may be you
could try it.

Site Timeline