best food romance flic ever

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

It's got Helen Mirren in it - always a good start.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Phenominal film.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

My favorite food movie is Babette's Feast. Not much romance though.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

"The Hundred Foot Journey" is OK, but the best "food" movie are the scenes shot in Italy in "Eat, Pray, Love"...

...Jim Thompson

That was Judy Dench - Philomena (2013). Also an actress who rarely appears in a bad film (give or take the occasional Bond movie). Saw her on stage in the UK quite often when I was younger (and lived in the UK).

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

But not always to a meal we'd find palatable - she was also in

Reply to
whit3rd

Best actress ever - Hedy Lamarr, inventor of spread spectrum.

Best Regards,

ChesterW
+++
Dr Chester Wildey
Founder MRRA Inc.
Electronic and Optoelectronic Instruments
MRI Motion, fNIRS Brain Scanners, Counterfeit and Covert Marker Detection
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
www.mrrainc.com
wildey at mrrainc dot com
Reply to
ChesterW

"That's Hedley" --Heheheh. I'll let you guess who said it.

(yes, I know who she was)

She was even on "What's My Line?"

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

"fNIRS" ? you're doing this?,

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Yes, I do fNIRS. I came up with a multiplexed lock-in amp for the purpose and have been selling them for a few years. It modulates using spread spectrum codes. Thus my admiration for Hedy. People have done multiplexed spread spectrum measurements before, but this one is for unipolar signals.

I need to get off my lazy butt and see if I can interest any manufacturers in licensing the technology. There should be some good use for it besides these scanners. Sales is not my strong area. Writing a paper on it is on my to-do list.

ChesterW

Reply to
ChesterW

Woah, I didn't understand any of that. Unipolar is like single supply, only positive and ground?

The one time I had to use a unipolar amp I floated it between the rails and AC coupled in and out. (Well that's what the the spec sheet suggested. :^)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

It looks complicated, but the implementation is just a bunch of sums.

Yep, a signal that only goes between positive and ground is unipolar. If you summed one up, it would never be negative. Almost always light signals are treated this way. The +/- wiggles are too fast for any normal semiconductors, so usually one just looks at the power, which is always positive or zero, so unipolar.

A lot of spread spectrum methods rely on the positive and negative parts of signals canceling out, so unipolar signals throw sand into the gears. The thing I came up with solves that problem for a particular kind of spread spectrum.

ChesterW

--

Best Regards,

ChesterW