Base Spreading Resistance from S Parameters

What I have now is your Second Edition. Do you have substantially more information about this in the Third Edition?

--
To respond to me directly remove sj. from the my email address's domain
name. This is a spam jammer.

Does this mean there will not be a way to arrive at Rbb for this transistor from its datasheet alone?

--
To respond to me directly remove sj. from the my email address's domain
name. This is a spam jammer.
Reply to
Artist

As has been pointed out, the phrase "substantially more" doesn't describe the difference.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Yes, absolutely.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

me

It's more the rule than the exception. The data sheet contains the data tha t marketing thinks will help sell the part. I've certainly run into at leas t one data sheets where an inconveniently large input capacitance wasn't li sted.

Where worst case limits are specified, there's an implication that every pa rt is measured - which costs money. Sensible people put in "guaranteed by d esign" limits, which are cheaper, but there aren't that many sensible peopl e writing data sheets - marketing always wants to get involved, and their m otivation is to sell more parts, rather than to make the customer happy (wh ich is a better long-term aim, but balance sheets are short term assessment s).

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

The transistor table on page 501 is worth the price of the book.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com