AY-5-3507 data sheet

Dear experts,

Trying to repair an old Sinclair DM235 DMM I'm searching for the data sheet of AY-5-3507 display driver(?) which is, BTW, cross referenced to MP3202. Can anybody help? My highest degree of happiness would be receiving the schematic of DM235 ;-) ...

Full of hope

Reinhard

Reply to
Reinhard Zwirner

Can't help you there but I can't imagine that the MP3202 could possibly be in such an old instrument:

Probably a duplicate numbering because it sure ain't a display driver.

There is always hope :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Hi Joerg,

As to this type of MP3202: I'm afraid you're right.

So, what about this?

Best regards

Reinhard

Reply to
Reinhard Zwirner

Possibly the information is wrong. General Semiconductor was acquired by Vishay but chances are that the old datasheets and all that have ended up in the dumpster. Maybe someone has an old databook? That's why I keep those but unfortunately I don't have that one.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Service Manual http://81.70.242.211/eab/manual/index.php?dir=Boat+Anchor+Manual+Archive%2Fsinclair%2Fdm235%2F

Reply to
Herman

I have scanned the 5 pages from my 1980 databook and zipped the jpgs.

8.5MB file available here for a couple of days:-

HTH

--
Geo
Reply to

Haven't done this for a while... From the 1977 GI databook

5 pages, 168k bytes.

I wonder if the old readership of sci.electronic.components is still subscribing?

Mark Zenier snipped-for-privacy@eskimo.com Googleproofaddress(account:mzenier provider:eskimo domain:com)

Reply to
Mark Zenier

550 /u/m/mzenier/AY-5-3705.pdf: No such file or directory ...Jim Thompson

Herman schrieb:

http://81.70.242.211/eab/manual/index.php?dir=Boat+Anchor+Manual+Archive%2Fsinclair%2Fdm235%2F

Thank you very much! But, unfortunately, it's the user manual I already have ...

Best regards

Reinhard

Reply to
Reinhard Zwirner

Geo schrieb:

Thank you very much :-))!

Best regards

Reinhard

Reply to
Reinhard Zwirner

Mark Zenier schrieb:

Thank you very much :-))!

Best regards

Reinhard

Reply to
Reinhard Zwirner

Jim Thompson schrieb:

[...]

I first made the same experience. In the end I was successful approaching the pdf file step by step ...

HTH

Reinhard

Reply to
Reinhard Zwirner

"Jim Thompson" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Try: ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/u/m/mzenier/AY-5-3507.pdf

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

Ah, the problem with hand typed urls. And I double checked it, or so I though. Well, the part number on the file at the server is correct... (Workaround, go to the directory with ).

Mark Zenier snipped-for-privacy@eskimo.com Googleproofaddress(account:mzenier provider:eskimo domain:com)

Reply to
Mark Zenier

Here's some hints.

Jpegs aren't good for scans of line drawings. They either bloat or the quality sucks if the compression is too high.

Use monochrome pictures with a one bit per pixel based file format with compression. The Group 4 CCITT (fax) compression on a monochrome image (that's one available mode for tiff or .pdf files) will get you 30-50k bytes per page. .Gif or .png are pretty good, too, but about twice that.

The OCR/font based systems like djvu or the one (whose name I don't remember) in newer .pdfs is even better, maybe 3-5 times smaller. (But I don't have the software to create those or even view some of them. As a neo-luddite late adopter, version 1.2 or 1.3? pdfs seem to work best).

Mark Zenier snipped-for-privacy@eskimo.com Googleproofaddress(account:mzenier provider:eskimo domain:com)

Reply to
Mark Zenier

petrus bitbyter schrieb:

For those who have still problems with downloading the data sheet:

HTH

Reinhard

Reply to
Reinhard Zwirner