AVR ATmega -- 16MHz at 3.3V?

Hello,

Is there an AVR ATmega chip that is specified (without overclocking) to run at 16MHz at 3.3V? Looking through the Atmel website it looks like one can get 16MHz at 4.5V or above only.

Thanks, Abdul

Reply to
abduln

Operation beside the specifications may or may not work. Operation is NOT guaranteed over the full temperature AND supply voltage range.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

I understand that. Which is why I am looking for a chip that is

*specified* to run at 16Mhz at 3.3V. Do you know of any? Thanks.

Rene Tschaggelar wrote:

Reply to
abduln

Clones ? Lookalikes ? compatibles ? Second-source ? I fear there are non of the above. I heard of an AVR core for FPGA though, but this means none of the analog IO.

Rene

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Rene Tschaggelar

Abdul,

is it USB HID that you are thinking of?

I read about that topic too and found it most interesting. However, when i found out as you that there is no AVR with these specs i thought t stay save and use the FTDI stuff.

Regards Ulrich Bangert

schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Ulrich Bangert

Ulrich,

I was looking for a plain old ATmega running at 16MHz at 3.3V. The reason being I want to interface it to a 3.3V chip. Having a 3.3V AVR will help me avoid the voltage shifter chip.

Regards, Abdul

Ulrich Bangert wrote:

Reply to
abduln

Abdul

The ATmega48/88/168 is spec'ed to 10 MHz @ 2.7 V and 20 MHz @ 4.5 V.

The datasheet says the freq/volt ratio is linear between 2.7 and 4.5V.

This would give you 13.3 MHz @ 3.3 V, or 16 MHz @ 3.8 V.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Twist

From time to time I really wish there was a faster AVR out there. Nothing much changing in the AVR speed region for years.

SioL

Reply to
SioL

Look at the Philips LPC ARM parts - similar pricing, 70MHz at 3.3v...

Reply to
Mike Harrison

Indeed, but the switch might be painfull, don't have time for all that yet.

SioL

Reply to
SioL