Available for download: Jiri Dostal's "Operational Amplifiers"

As I mentioned about a week and a half ago, I've scanned in Jiri Dostal's classic tome, "Operational Amplifiers" from 1981. It's available for download as

. Enjoy!

As with the other books there, if I find out I'm violating someone's copyright I'll yank the file immediately.

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Kolstad

Given that the copyright notice is in the first few pages, what kind of notice are you looking for?

PN2222A

Reply to
PN2222A

My favorite is "Trespassers will be violated" ;-)

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Hello PN2222A,

In the Wild West we tend to respect the more real things, such as a thundering iron ;-)

That's why you often see signs out here such as "Protected by Smith & Wesson" or "Our Rottweiler can make it to the other fence in 4 1/2 seconds -- Can you?".

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

I know it miht be too late but, can I get a copy of the book?

Reply to
hikarusteinitz

Amazon has the 2nd edition used for $27. It's a very good book if you're prepared to follow the math. (It isn't difficult math, but a tech or hobbyist might be better off with something simpler.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
pcdhobbs

Am 18.01.2017 um 13:24 schrieb snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com:

Up to EUR 1.167,12 transport not included.

<

ROTFL. OK, some offer it cheaper.

Cheers, Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

Sometimes people do that when they run out of stock, to avoid having to re-create the listing.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I gather it can happen when pricing algorithms run amok too. If I set my price to be 10% more than the market average say :)

--

John Devereux
Reply to

With a 1981 date I'd guess that it has no CMOS in it?

Math ?? If you're only a user, you can write down all you need to know about OpAmps in a couple of pages. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

The second edition is 1990. Dostal writes like the guy who invented the op amp--he doesn't leave out anything.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

He writes like Philbrick ?:-}

Is that 1990 edition available? ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Yeah, $27 on Amazon as I said.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Yep, the $27 one is still available, shipped from the U.K. I bought one for $28 with tons of annotations and underlining.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Sometimes the marginalia are the most useful parts.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

A printed and bound used book from Amazon is nice, but it'd be convenient to have the scan saved away as well.

The 2005 link seems to be dead. I have a scan of the 1981 edition, 585 pages, 18.5 Mbytes, see DropBox:

 Thanks,
    - Win
Reply to
Winfield Hill

This was probably Joel Kolstad's scan. The book is 36 years old and seriously out of print. Nonetheless it's still covered by copyright; perhaps that's why it's no longer available at OSU. But my DropBox link is only available here to s.e.d. readers who want to read and discuss Dostal's ideas and writings. Save away. I'll take it down after a few weeks.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Awesome! Thanks Win, (I think I'll order a used copy.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

What was "state of the art" in opamps in 1981? Could you buy a RRI/O on a beer-not-chapagne budget, even?

Reply to
bitrex

I know the TL0xx series was available as the book "Musical Applications of Microprocessors" is stuffed full of circuits with them (TL072)

Reply to
bitrex