Audio sampling question

Can someone check my logic on this? It sounds simple but I'd appreciate someone confirming what I'm trying to do.

I have CD-quality streaming audio digitized at 44.1 ksamples per second,

16-bit samples.

I also have an approx 10 msec duration recorded segment of the same audio, in the same digital format as above.

I'm shifting the digitized streaming audio in real time into a comparator and looking for a data match between my sample and the streaming audio.

Question: What is the maximum theoretical time lag before a match can be detected, ignoring quantization noise and processing time? Is it one-half the sample period or some other value?

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
HiTek

"HiTek"

** This TROLL posted the same silly Q a couple of weeks ago.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

6.4

Bob

Reply to
Bob

What do you mean by "match"?

Reply to
Richard Henry

If your snippet has a time stamp, and you're attempting to match it to a time stamp on the stream, then you'll have to either put the whole thing in a huge array and do a binary search on time-stamps, or you'll just have to go through the whole stream until you see a match You can do this at any speed you want to, BTW.

So, 1. ;-)

You Betcha! ;-) Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise