Atmel AVR with radio transmission question.

In this project, 10bits digital signal from AT90S8535 ADC is desired to transmit by radio transmission to other AT90S8535 microcontroller (HT-12E encoder with TLP-434 transmitter are chosen by partner) and received by HT-12D decoder with RLP-434.

1) I would like to ask how can I send digital signal by HT-12E? I've read the datasheet of HT-12E, It is a 12bit encoder there is a 8bits address bit and 4bits data bit to transmit signal, but I'm not really understand how does do it work.

2) Which way would be suitable to transmit by HT-12E?

a) Output ADC signal by low four bit and input this low four bit to HT-12E data bit D0-D4.

b) Converting ADC 0 - 1023 and scaled from 0-999, take each digit away and transmit each digit by 1 data bit of HT-12E, so each data bit can send individual signal.

3) Do you guys think HT-12E with TLP- 434 are suitable to transmit digital signal from microcontroller to other microcontroller. It is because it is normally in use by remote control system.

4) Could you please suggest me to radio transmit digital data from one microcontroller to other microcontroller?

Thank you very much

Please let me know if you get confused on reading my letter.

Reply to
sommes

Choose a micro with serial UART function. Send regular serial data thru the RF link. Very simple.

Luhan

Reply to
Luhan

Yes, it was confusing. I'd define a serial protocol, then use the UART of both controllers to send it over the RF Link, provided this RF Link has a serial bit input.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

Yes, it's confusing. But I've done what you want to do, it's easy if you will take the trouble to learn some microprocessor programming, if you do not do this you won't succeed, I'm guessing from what I have read you cannot program a micro ? If not there is no point going on with this task, it's a skill you absolutely need to do what you want. But you *can* learn it, I'm sure.

You want to send 10 bit data. Basic miroprocessors can send 8 bit data bytes. You therefore need to send 2 such bytes to transmit each sample. You send the lowest 8 bits in the first byte, and then another byte which contains just the highest 2 bits of your sample. You need a protocol so that your receiver knows which is the low byte and which is the high of each pair. Your receiver software combines the two received bytes back into one, probably using a 16 bit integer variable to store the result.

Is any of this making sense to you? If not ask about what you don't understand, maybe it might help people here to help you.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Thanks Luhan, Rene and Steve.

Steve: Now I am going to send 3 differnet 4bit via HT-12E at the same time. Seem I need to do some "shift" to assemble those 4 bits to form a vaild BCD.

Any comment about it?

Reply to
sommes

As a reasonably usless programmer (8051 and C,) I would suggest or-ing the MSB of the first byte of the string with 1. So if you get out of sync you just have to test for something >127 to start the receive routine, then mask it out

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

If you are not all jammed up sending tons of data, just use the lower 4 bits and send three bytes. You can use the top nibble to designate which BCD it is, one, two, or three. That way they cant get out of sync. K.I.S.S. ;)

Luhan

Reply to
Luhan