ARM LINKS ANS DOCUMENTAION OF THE ARCHITECTURE

Dear All

I am newbe to the ARM Processor, I dont have any Idea of ARM processor, I have to learn about the ARM processor, Please Guide me with the links and the documentation where i can find the materials on the arm processor.

I have to port the floating pont implementaion into the fixed point implementaion in the ARM processor.

So please Guide me on the above so that I can get the Inhand knowledge of the arm processor.

Thanks In Advance. Ranjeet Gupta

Reply to
ranjeet.gupta

Well, I don't know what an "ARM processor" is, but if all you have to do is port floating point into fixed point, just learn how floating point works, and implement it in integers. It uses shifts and scaling. Oh, and probably some base conversion. It might even be easier to do it in BCD (binary-coded decimal).

If your assignment expects you to already know how to program the ARM processor, then, of course, you'll have to learn how to program the ARM processor.

But simulating floating point in fixed point isn't difficult - it's merely tedious.

Here's a possible starting point or two:

"arm processor"

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

try

martin

"Wales is a big welsh-shaped rain collection device"

Reply to
martin griffith

Read and understand the link Martin has sent. ;^)

Pick the core you want to use and read the document:

The trick to efficient fixed point math is to know when you can afford less accuracy than floating point provides. This is problem dependent and can't be done in a generic way. A FP emulator is the way to go if you don't understand the problem.

ARM Ltd. does provide a floating point emulator for their processors. Two more ARM FP emulators come with the Linux kernel and another one with ARM-GCC. All open source.

Kind regards,

Iwo

Reply to
Iwo Mergler