AoE III is on Amazon

Phil Hobbs

-- Dr Philip C D Hobbs Principal Consultant ElectroOptical Innovations LLC Optics, Electro-optics, Photonics, Analog Electronics

160 North State Road #203 Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net

Phil Hobbs

Available 30th April 2015. So far it's not offered on Kindle, which is a pity.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I'll have to get a copy just to see if I'm in it. :) Way back in 2005, somebody asked Win Hill what it would take to appear in AoE III, and he said "$2.50". So I snail-mailed him $2.50 and waited. He got the money and asked me to email him, which I did a few times, but I never got a response.

That's probably because about a day after it comes out for Kindle, the PDF will be available on your favorite torrent or FTP site. The authors and/or publisher would probably like to make at least some of their costs back before that happens.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

Nice, that's a must buy (considering the history of the making of it, it might just have been an Aprils first joke

Cheers

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

Thanks for the headsup, It had been seen on the canadian part of amazon in Nov.

Martin Riddle

woohoo

Wierd, that price is over 50% more than the UK one, although that is showing June availability.

$105 vs 46UKP.

(pre)Ordered.

--

John Devereux
Reply to

*THAT* is unusual - ripoff Britain is cheaper for once!

What is new in the latest edition?

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

The text book lobby is as strong as the drug lobby?

I guess I should have ordered my copy from the UK.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Dunno but things have changed since 20 years ago and they seem to have spent about that long rewriting it!

(Just hope they have not got bogged down in trivia like setting up the development system for your PIC.)

The "advanced praise" extracts are encouraging.

I remember first finding s.e.d 15, or was it 20 years ago. There was a prolific poster going by "Win Hill". I was amazed to discover he was in fact the man himself, the same guy who (co)-wrote the "bible" that brought me seriously into electronics in the first place.

--

John Devereux
Reply to

On a sunny day (Wed, 28 Jan 2015 15:32:08 +0000) it happened John Devereux wrote in :

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Don't really care about the cover...

Perhaps you like Jim Williams' ones

Look very much like your style actually :)

--

John Devereux
Reply to

They are tame. If you want a really vile book cover jacket then the later editions of the JPEG Standard are for you:

You need to put sunglasses on before removing it from the bookshelf!

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Various folks round here have seen various draft chapters. ISTM it's up to their previous very high standard, with if anything an even more informal air than AOE II.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

It's just the previous cover art rotated by pi/4 and sepia-toned, perhaps to indicate that the authors have reached their cutoff point. ;)

Cheers

Phil "sic transit gloria" Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

It's just the previous cover art rotated by pi/4 and sepia-toned, perhaps to indicate that the authors have reached their cutoff point. ;)

Cheers

Phil "sic transit gloria" Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

On a sunny day (Wed, 28 Jan 2015 17:16:47 +0000) it happened John Devereux wrote in :

Thats is more real, yes.

Thats is a crap cover too.

No it does not.

If I wantd to send somebody a message that somebody died, then I would use Win's outlay, black edge around it, and first year graphics failed art student.

It may look academic, but says nothing, neither is it inspiring, nor does it has anything to do with 'tronics.

I was thinking for the fun (and maybe even the reality) of it, a few of those exploded transistors that J. L. recently posted would help the relativity aspect of it. ;-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Maybe Win can take a short break before he starts on the 4th Edition.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

It's common for the publisher and/or Amazon to post a quick and dirty Photoshop mockup when the real thing isn't ready yet. Don't panic.

-- john, KE5FX

Reply to
John Miles, KE5FX

It's a dust cover. I'm authorizing you to throw it away (properly recycled, of course.)

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

We hope it's a dust jacket. Most hardback technical books these days have printed covers like paperbacks. (Ask me how I know.) ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs