Anyone Have Spice model for JFET IF400?

It's only used as a diode in the discrete circuit I have been asked to model behaviorally, but it's the only model I haven't been able to find :-( ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions, by understanding what nature is hiding.

"It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that is the secret of happiness." -James Barrie

Sorry! TYPO. Should be IF140 :-( ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions, by understanding what nature is hiding.

"It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that is the secret of happiness." -James Barrie

Jfets are terrible diodes. Lots of capacitance and lots of series resistance, and enormous (like, 1 pA) reverse leakage.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

That reverse leakage is what I think they are using them for. ...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions,
              by understanding what nature is hiding.

"It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that
is the secret of happiness."  -James Barrie

How about a PAD1 model, any of those floating around? 2N4117?

Tim

-- Seven Transistor Labs, LLC Electrical Engineering Consultation and Contract Design Website:

Tim Williams

I'll check that.

The device in question is IF140... I typo'd :-(

Maybe someone knows a cross to IF140? ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions, by understanding what nature is hiding.

"It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that is the secret of happiness." -James Barrie

The c-b junction of a BFT25 is a far superior diode. Below 10 fA by my measurements. Capacitance is something like 0.3 pF.

lunatic fringe electronics

Am 28.04.2018 um 06:40 schrieb John Larkin:

Did you use BFT25 or BFT25A ? The A-Version has twice the ft.

cheers, Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

Am 28.04.2018 um 04:47 schrieb Jim Thompson:

I find the "data sheet" quite offensive. Half a page of barn-door wide specs in HTML, not even a .pdf document that you could take as a reference. (as followed from the Mouser link.)

For a comparison of 8 IF3602 (probably more uniform than 16 IF3601) see <

Hey, ?55 a pop for the IF3602. :-(

regards, Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

I used the NXP A version.

I always thought, for some reason, that RF parts should be leaky. But that's not so.

It's hard to measure 10 fA.

lunatic fringe electronics

The IF140 is $11.58 each at Mouser. That's an outrageous price for a mediocre diode.

BFT25A is 63 cents at Q1, 20 cents in quantity.

Sounds like Jim's customer needs circuit design consulting, not device modeling. Goodness knows what other silly stuff they are doing.

lunatic fringe electronics
[snip]

No comment, besides displaying an SEG >:-} ...Jim Thompson