Anyone had news about Jim Thompson

Just missing him and his input. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

I emailed him, hoping that someone in his family would see it. They aren't sending replies. I'm not sure what that means. He has kids in the IT field so they must be able to take a look. If he had passed surely they would look and reply to some, don't you think?

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Yup. With all his rough edges, JT is (or perhaps was) one of the most valuable contributors here.

Still praying for his salvation in the first instance, and for his complete cure in the second.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I would hope so, but my wife has zero knowledge of my usenet usage, nor my kids. So, they may not put a notice here, but I would expect a note on his web page. It's been 6 weeks since we heard from him. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Agreed. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Right, they wouldn't think of usenet, but they would look at his email and put on a note on his website. His son set up the website so of course he would. And google would be able to find an obit.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

No obit & no communication I presume means in hospital.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I am concerned as well. He certainly can be a bit abrasive at times, but I've greatly valued his input. I've learned a good bit from him over time, from some books he's mentioned, from some of his postings, and from his web site.

I've just finished a fairly deep search of public information, I have found nothing to indicate he has died. No death records or obits for any James or Jame E., Thomposon of the appropriate age range anywhere in that area of AZ.

If he remains incommunicado long enough, eventually someone who actually knows him a bit might try calling the phone number of his company, it's listed on his site. Also, someone could try a snail-mail letter to see if anyone gets it and replies.

I'll definitely keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

Ray

Reply to
Ray Otwell

I tried calling the number listed on his site, no answer, no voicemail.

Reply to
jurb6006

Try a ouija board next.

Reply to