Any USB device could auto write to PC ?

Hi All,

I am looking for a USB type that could auto store data to PC.

For example, we have HID, but it only for keyboard / mouse contorl.

we have USB storage, but it will not automatically store data to PC.

Is there any USB type that could automatically store data to PC ?

Thank you!

Boki.

Reply to
Boki

Depends how much data and how fast. Perhaps use an FTD232/245 to send the data, write a program on the PC that takes whatever you send via the selected chip, and stuff it wherever seems best at the time.

JS

Reply to
JSprocket

That still won't solve the auto run problem.

Put an autoexec.bat (or something like that) in the mass storage device and map the device space into the USB drive. You can use separate logical devices for the above functions.

Reply to
linnix

The autorun method should doable, however, my upcoming problem is need a USB host chip to work as a USB storage, right ? and I need to remove this cost.

Is there any windows embedded driver for something like the USB on-the- go, I mean the design (USB device can auto push data to PC ) can work for Windows without any additional driver.

Thanks. Boki.

Reply to
Boki

write your own driver.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

autorun is unreliable, after the sony music rootkit fiasco many have it turned off.

maybe a combination of HID to send the commands to initiate the transfer and USB-storage to provide the data.

this still requires that there is a user logged in.

what you are trying to do sounds like a very bad idea.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts