Any power line communication gurus here ?

Are there any power line communication gurus on this newsgroup, who could answer some of my queries. A colleague recently referred to me an article:

Is the 'smart grid' the author talks about basically data-over-power-line communications ?

Any hints, suggestions would help a lot. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
dakupoto

The comm network for smart grid is not typically comm over power lines. I suggest you look into SGIP the smart grid interoperability group (google it)

Maurice Givens

Reply to
maury001

I would say it is a solution that solves the wrong problem. Massive power theft is a serious problem an many developing parts of the world, fancy meters won't solve that. The solution proposed might help in subrural areas of the US or Canada. It is unlikely to apply well elsewhere.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk