Another whiney POS...

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

If you just accept that everything progressives say is a lie designed for the sole purpose of enhancing their power, your life will be a lot more pleasant. You are going to be able to relax, secure in the knowledge that you are not hearing things, that up is not down, that you are not crazy, because you understand that each individual syllable leftists utter is a self-contained cap- sule of pure deception. And once you embrace that reality, you will see clearly that as a conservative dedicated to truth, per- sonal liberty, and our Constitution, your only course of action is to destroy their putrid ideology and crush their hideous pinko dreams before their beady eyes.

-Kurt Schlichter, townhall.com, 2017_04_06

I wanted to buy one of these at a gun show. SWMBO vetoed the purchase.

krw

"That thar dem dar ar ferftern shore dem some handar gern y'all it dern merf durf hurf" is my best stab at a translation of the dialect to English.

Reply to
bitrex
[snip]
[snip]

I had no trouble bulls-eying at 300yds ;-) ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

To those of us in my age bracket...

GREEN means inexperienced and/or incompetent.

Well J.D. Clampett, think you could stop over and shoot these mosquitoes that keep buzzing around in Ohio ?

Reply to
jurb6006

This 1 minute clip sums it all up concisely...

Cursitor Doom

Yep. Rod Serling nailed it. ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

To those of us in my age bracket...

GREEN means inexperienced and/or incompetent.

Yup, he's been smoking his own dope again.

He's worse. He's a deranged and dangerous young hoodlum and one day he'll end up just where he really belongs: behind bars.

Yeah, and nancy boys. Plus anyone who owns a butterfly net. They all need constant monitoring.

Cursitor Doom

And the opposite:

That girl rocks!

lunatic fringe electronics

Yes, she's smarter (and prettier) than the average bear for sure. Thing is, young people feel the need to rebel against accepted cultural norms. it's been that way since the teenager was 'invented' back the

1950s. So they look around at the world their parents have created, suffocated as it is by moronic political correctness, drink, drugs, decadence, family breakdown etc., and the obvious answer is to embrace Conservatism - and if that shocks their old folks, it only makes it sweeter! So far as morals and ethics are concerned, the Western world swings in a very slow cycle between extreme Liberalism and extreme Conservatism and we are now approaching (maybe even reached) the nadir of values and behaviour for the age in which we now live. Things can therefore only get better. :-)
Cursitor Doom

young people also want to feel "cool" and Conservatism never was or ever will be "cool."

"Conservative-cool" will always be the equivalent of the 55 year old balding-with-a-ponytail guy wearing khaki shorts and a Hawaiian shirt trying to hang at the club with people half his age, doing the Macarena on the dance floor and hitting on extremely ambivalent 22 year old college women. "Hey baby I'm cool I'm hip I'm with it, who's your favorite Zerohedge author?"

Reply to
bitrex

that is to say a pretty desperately sad display that makes all normal humans in the vicinity wince and want to hide somewhere.

Reply to
bitrex

As if moronic political correctness, drink, drugs, decadence and family bre akdown hadn't existed in previous generations.

Quite why embracing Conservatism is an answer to any of these problems esca pes me. Cursitor Doom and conservative know-nothings like him imagine a non

-existent perfect past that conservatism might restore, but modern kids sho uld have been taught enough history to make them aware that this is all non sense.

Embracing conservatism to upset one's old folks might work, but that does i mply that the kids have enough sense not to take it seriously.

Morals and ethics don't change. Political environments do. If Kondratiev wa ves are real (which is uncertain) we are approaching a peak, rather than a valley.

Cursitor Doom is as far out of touch with reality as ever, uncritically rec ycling the pap that the Daily Mail feeds him.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Just because you're unable to imagine it doesn't make it so. The ultra- Conservative and extremely straight-laced Victorians derived their values from the abhorrence at the dissolute antics of the 17th and 18th century Libertines as exemplified by the likes of Hogarth in his contemporary prints such as this:

It's a very long cycle and has to get to the extremes before it commences to self-correct when the popular mood turns and common sense once again prevails.

Cursitor Doom

The "conservative" Victorians also invented the trade union movement and the Fabian Society.

Cursitor Doom has a serious case of social tunnel vision - probably because he get all his "insights" from the Daily Mail and Russia Today.

There have always been quite a lot of different "popular moods", and Cursitor Doom's ideas about what constitute "common sense" illustrate that this is one of the many kinds of sense he hasn't got.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

> --
> This message may be freely reproduced without limit or charge only via
> the Usenet protocol. Reproduction in whole or part through other
> protocols, whether for profit or not, is conditional upon a charge of
> GBP10.00 per reproduction. Publication in this manner via non-Usenet
> protocols constitutes acceptance of this condition.
Reply to
bill.sloman

I have 5 gorgeous granddaughters who would never give bitterex even a glance... conservative to the hilt... one (*) is even a school teacher, at a charter school... didn't go on strike, she's paid based on merit, so makes much more than the unionized "teachers".

(*) Sorry, guys, spoken for. Her beau gets his Masters in Engineering next month, the marriage is set for February 2019. ...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions,
              by understanding what nature is hiding.

"It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that
is the secret of happiness."  -James Barrie