another pi/pie story

The rib is probably the most painful thing. Skull fractures would be a lot more worrying for anybody who actually used their head.

They are there for a purpose ...

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

You have a nice day too, Bill.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

That sounds delicious to me. I hate all the sugar in most desserts and often just eat fruit instead. But then I won't say I eschew all sugary sweets. I do love my ice cream.

The other day I was eating candied ginger (in small doses) and almonds. They were great together and made me think something like banana nut bread but with ginger and almonds would be really good. If I work up the enthusiasm I may try baking some.

Sorry you are feeling bad John. I hope you recover without any issues. I guess you have a hard head... ;)

--

Rick
Reply to

I hope you come out even better than that pie.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

Great news about the pie! :-)

Hope you heal and get back on the 'slopes' quickly, but hopefully next time slopes with snow. Wiping out there's a lot more fun.

Speedy recovery, James

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

(...)

Now I understand why it's referred to as a "flight of stairs". (Sorry, but I couldn't resist).

May you recover quickly and easily.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

It's not the flight so much as the "landing" that gets you...

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

The food quality is a "Get well soon" from the kitchen.

--
umop apisdn
Reply to

I want to know how they can make carrots taste like rubber bands.

 Click to see the full signature

In hospitals affiliated with Catholic associations, I believe that they depend on the use of holy water for this purpose. They just boil the hell out of the carrots.

Reply to
Dave Platt

That was one small step for fruit pies, one giant leap for medical technology. (Apologies to Neil Armstrong).

If the ribs hurt, try not to laugh. I had a cracked rib when I was about 17 years old. I couldn't laugh, sneeze, cough, yell, fight, move abruptly, or bend over for about 2 months. Of course, all my friends arrived with jokes just for the fun of watching me suffer.

Take care...

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

And, you don't even MENTION, that you are still alive! Geez, that pie must have been REALLY good!

A skull fracture is better than a broken rib? Really?

Well, hope it all heals quickly.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Yeah, my oldest boy is 6'6 and going into the Marines shortly. I don't even want to THINK what he'll look like when he gets through basic!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

They probably start with rubber carrots and remove the PC board.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

I think the post was ipso facto proof of John's survival.

Reply to
Ralph Barone

The pie was to die for?

A skull fracture doesn't hurt every time you breathe (and drugs don't help).

Indeed.

Reply to
krw