Another Leaning Tower of Pisa

What a joke, they're seriously considering demolishing it.

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Put the office photocopies on the south side to counterbalance the 3" lean to the north...

Or is there too much metal in the building and it being pulled to magnetic north?

(ducking).

John ;-#)#

Reply to
John Robertson

It's so ugly, may as well tear it down. Modern architecture is all about ugly.

Same thing happens in San Francisco: ugly buildings, built on mushy fill, with cheap foundations, make lawyers rich.

 Click to see the full signature

Huh. I thought steel-and-glass was the new Evil...

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
alien8752

John Robertson wrote in news:vvqdnfvCJIOnXU3BnZ2dnUU7-S snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

seaport

dist

Put a bunch of Trump supporters, AND Trump himself on the side it is falling toward, and tell them to blow against it.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

No telling how many birds this abomination will kill with all that glass! In light of the recent UN report on killing every breathing life form on this planet, we may be able to sue for demolition. Look at this marketing brochure:

-a bunch of hedonistic glitz- sickening.

-especially the "view" button about midway down.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

It's certainly feasible. Just call up those super-speedy guys who managed to pull-off the 3 controlled demolitions all in less than one day on 9/11.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I fully agree. And we're in good company!

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Yeah, the old documentation on the local library said that the foundation was designed for an extra story or two to be added on. After some hemming and hawing, we decided to demolish/build a new foundation, because the old documentation didn't impress the insurers.

The amount of lean, though, seems modest; there's ways to stabilize it, I hope, if the monetary responsibility can be resolved. Complex of multiple builders/planners, with each pointing the finger at the other is ALWAYS amusing. But, only at a distance.

Reply to
whit3rd