Another application of inverted BJTs

The "IS" port is a current summing junction with voltage near COM.

V2 and V3 can be above or below each other (both always positive), the inductors are coupled, and the diodes can be returned to the negative rail to conserve power, or replaced with a 5.0SMDJ48CA between SW1/2 for a two-terminal version.

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Tim Williams

Inverted BJT's make shitty current mirrors. What is you point? What is your advantage? ...Jim Thompson

                   Spice is like a sports car...
     Performance only as good as the person behind the wheel.

Jim,

It's not a current mirror; take a closer look and consider why inverted might be necessary.

Why do you feel it necessary to play the grade school bully on my posts?

Why don't you post something on topic instead of polluting this newsgroup? I'm doing my part.

Tim

-- Seven Transistor Labs, LLC Electrical Engineering Consultation and Contract Design Website:

Tim Williams

You posted a circuit with incomplete explanation... if you call that "doing your part", you're outstanding.

As for "bullying", In Message-ID: , you posted:

"You killfile is broken, again.

I'd say buzz off, but I'm patient, you'll pass soon.

Tim"

Which makes you "fair game".

Grow up and stop posting nonsense. ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

And... only a hacker flaunts that his software arsenal includes...

Microsoft Office 2003 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)

and

Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7 graphics editor >:-} ...Jim Thompson

           To those of us in my age bracket...

           GREEN means inexperienced and/or incompetent.

Jim certainly often plays the bully, IMHO, but here he simply asked, "What is your point? What is your advantage?" I also quickly gave up on examining your circuit, because I couldn't see anything special about what you were trying to do, it just didn't seem to make sense. If you noticed, there weren't any other responses.

If that's a two-terminal voltage equalizer, there are better ways to do it, SFAICT. E.g., any switching circuit should be synchronous. There are some ICs available for that job. Another example, make a super-simple but very effective circuit using PNPs in inverted mode. Base current resistors to ground act to limit the current between the two sides.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

I agree. If Tim had posted an LTspice file with node names and waveforms, I might be tempted to take a look.

But a tiny png image with no attempt at explanation is simply not worth my time.

Reply to
Steve Wilson