Analog division, current conveyors and SPICE

Could some analog/SPICE guru please help ? I am running SPICE simulations on current conveyors, focusing analog computation. Specifically, I am examining in detail analog division. I am referring to Sedra and Smith's 1970 paper.

Given that a negative impedance converter shifts the phase of the input signal by 180 degrees, what would be the effect of analog division of one signal by another ? Specifically how should the output look like? For example, if s11, s12, s13, s14, x15, ... and s21, s22, s23, s24, ... etc., are respectively the input signal values, should the output signal be simply s11/s12, x12/s22 and so on ? Any hints, suggestions would be of immense help. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
dakupoto

Current conveyors are just a hokey name invention by PhD's to make ideal current mirrors into something magical >:-}

What are you actually trying to accomplish? ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

division by zero.

real world or idealised?

don't go there.

--
umop apisdn

Jasen Betts

Current conveyors are used in active impedance matching, also in some instrumentation amplifiers. and filters. Some have claimed that they may be used in analog computation. I am trying to simulate/understand signal division and multiplication with current conveyors. Right now it is all one quadrant, but later I intend to push to more quadrant operation.

Reply to
dakupoto

Division is always risky... read, for instance, the AD633 datasheet.

The are 8 items on the S.E.D/Schematics Page of my website devoted to "gyrators"... analyzing those _by_hand_ will provide some insight. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature