Analog Circuits (world class designs) B. Pease

The circuit 'scratching's' by Bob Pease in the latest Electronic Design (refered to by John L. earlier today.) Led me to the above book. Has anyone read it? Is it any good? (I've enjoyed reading other things Bob has written so I assume I'll like it.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Had the book for ages; he told me about the book at one of the Foothill flea markets (in the dim ages).

Reply to
Robert Baer

Does it have any useful circuits, or is it just a collection of nonsense like his columns? ...Jim Thompson

ng

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

I found it at alibris.com for $18 and ordered a copy. I'll let you know when it arrives.... (Though I suspect that what might be new/ useful to me will be ancient history to you.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

What's all this selling books out of a boot about?!

Reply to
miso

Note: R. Pease is only the editor of this book. He has contributed 2 chapters. (Whats this Error Budget...?, Whats this VBE stuff...?) There are 7 other co-authors (Bonnie Baker, R. Burwen, S. Franco, Perkins, M. Thompson, Jim Williams, S. Winder) Classical stuff (opamps, feedback, filters), but on the whole worth having, I think.

Euthymios Kappos

E. Kappos

As i vaguely remember, there was useful circuits and tips - some of which were not obvious and a rare one or so that seemed counter-intuitive.

Reply to
Robert Baer

I found a review that said it really wasn't worth buying,the material was all in Jim Williams' book... which I have. ...Jim Thompson

BE

S.

g,

The book arrived on Friday. The above text just about nails it... not worth having.

There is a lot of filter stuff.. explained better elsewhere. At one point a "State Variable Filter" is shown. However it looks like a Biquad. Now these two are pretty similar.. but heck it's a book let's not make that mistake.

I was looking forward to the section on noise. There was nothing really wrong here, but nothing new either... well the opamp noise model should have included the current noise.... After all BJT opamp's have horrible current noise. But current noise as well as several other subjects were swept under the rug with the oft repeated phrase, "Beyond the scope of this book".

I did find one new circuit fragment in Bobs P's "What's all this error budget stuff anyhow?" A better way to do high side current monitoring. But you can most likely find that in the Electronic Design archive.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold