America: A Nation of Certifiable Morons

It's not going to recover. I would say plant a new one, but the area looks too shaded to start a new seedling, it will take forever to grow.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

A lot of fans of anime would disagree. And movies like "Spirited Away" are pretty awesome in their own right.

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

We have a couple hundred trees. I'd write this one off, but Mo loves every tree. She won't even let me cut down a little one as a Christmas tree.

 Click to see the full signature

Sounds like you had a sheltered life. Good for you.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

No, I think that makes three.

Reply to
krw

What planes use gallons as a measure of fuel? Piper Cubs?

Reply to
krw

Why? Aircraft fuel is metered in pounds or kg.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Well, that must prove it. But it's wrong.

Aircraft use pounds or kg.

 Click to see the full signature

Bonjour!

Not for aircraft (at least commercial aircraft).

Reply to
krw

The Gimli glider an Air Canada Boeing 767 did this after refuelling with conversion errors and ran out of fuel on the way home as a result!

Just as well the pilot and copilot were really good at flying an unpowered glider or the incident would have ended in tragedy.

A glass cockpit and hydraulic assist don't work well with no engines.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Right, aircraft wings require velocity to generate lift.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Maybe it was someone who had watched the QI episode that referred to a second moon. QI is usually fairly accurate, but they did get this one wrong (or at least, based it in outdated data).

Reply to
David Brown

Reply to
bitrex

Without that coyote as its best customer, the Acme Corporation would probably have gone out of business.

Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Polls are data, whether entirely accurate or not. They are more valid when trends are seen. Calling polls into question now means we got nothing; now it's simply everyone's individual opinion, arguing who's correct.

Reply to
lonmkusch

Without a doubt,the Acme Corporation represents the summit of innovation and inventiveness in 20th Century America.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

acme:

'akme/ noun noun: acme; plural noun: acmes

"The point at which someone or something is best, perfect, or most successful." ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

I still want an Acme Portable Hole.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Wonder how many cartoons from the past... cartoons that were actually

*funny*... are going to be banned, because they're "racist"? ...Jim Thompson
 Click to see the full signature

Gone forever are the good old Polish jokes >:-} ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature