America: A Nation of Certifiable Morons

Well, I sometimes watch Youtube kung-fu movies

and Futurama.

lunatic fringe electronics

I have the entire Futurama series on DVD. :)

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.

They go for over unity! ;-)
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Moon v2.0?

Reply to
doh

Or display their true identity, always hiding behind a nom de plume.

But I guess that's what cowards do. ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box...producing elegant & economic solutions.

We have tree up at the cabin that was bent 90 degrees, basically horizontal, by last winter's massive snowfall. Mo names all her trees, so we call that one Bender.

lunatic fringe electronics

Even worse, some people don't even use their real names.

lunatic fringe electronics

As are short measure US gallons that have planes falling out of the sky.

It must be really tough though if you are actually called John Doe in the USA - or is this name strictly reserved for unidentified stiffs now?

It is another arcane archaic custom that the US keeps going that was abandoned in the UK way back in 1852 and mocked since (at least) 1834.

Regards,
Martin Brown
Reply to
Martin Brown

So, she's branching out into humor? ;-)

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.

They go for over unity! ;-)
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Futurama doesn't seem to get quite as much exposure here as the Simpsons or Family Guy and American Dad which is a pity, as I think I could get into that (I believe it's from Matt Groening's stable so should be worth a watch). American cartoons have always been the best in the world by a million miles. Terrific humour.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

My response was "in general", but why the need for a nom de plume on an engineering group? ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box...producing elegant & economic solutions.

Oh. Good one.

Here's Bender, partially recovered, with a 2x4 pushing it up.

I wonder if pushing a tree towards upright makes it better or worse.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Yes, it's a disgrace. Someone really should put a stop to it.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Probably helps. It might recover, or just the "upper" part might return to vertical. I've seen a number of trees around here with such shapes, bent over due to wind storms. ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box...producing elegant & economic solutions.

That would depend on the tree. I have a Palm tree growing almost horizontal, out of a shaded corner of my lot.

It looks like that tree of yours is reaching for sunlight, as well.

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.

They go for over unity! ;-)
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Den tirsdag den 18. juli 2017 kl. 20.46.40 UTC+2 skrev Jim Thompson:

Lasse Langwadt Christensen

It will never recover. And you say it's been that way almost half a year? The fibers on the compression side will tear before it allows you straighten it.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

How silly; everyone knows we go around the moon!

Reply to
Robert Baer

It got bent almost 90 degrees without breaking.

I don't see old bent trees up there. Either they straighten themselves or they die.

We're pulling on it pretty hard, but it's sort of fighting us. It must like leaning over.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

million miles. Terrific humour. "

One thing you might try to get is Knighty Knight Bugs. I got it off P2P. It is great.

I remember as a kid we used to watch the coyote and road runner which had n o sound. Well at least dialogue. It had sound effects though. It is just th at the characters did not talk. I could ever seem to get any of those, perh aps nobody ever ripped them. I got the one where the coyote builds a huge r emote controlled robot.

There is so much out there you just can't get. But watching them did not ma ke me stupid.

Reply to
jurb6006

Without that coyote as its best customer, the Acme Corporation would probably have gone out of business.

Cursitor Doom