America: A Nation of Certifiable Morons

Dunno. I switched off when that happened.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

It's worse than that. I'm a *massive* Family Guy fan, too. :-D No, really. I love it.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Really, 1 in 4? You mean 75 % of the people get it RIGHT? AMAZING! I feel great to know that 75 % of our people are NOT certifiable morons!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Thanks God maniac bird is not here this year. Several of the past years we had a robin that would attack our windows every morning for several hours, apparently seeing his own reflection in them when the sun angle was right.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Right THERE, they are intentionally making it too hard! Two pieces of wire makes it seem like you need both, but you are not going to have enough hands to do it. MUCH better to just have ONE wire, then it is pretty easy to do it without excessive fumbling.

I don't think anybody else in my family could do it! And, one of my daughters is a certified sciente teacher. (Maybe I'm selling her short.)

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Oh, I think you are way wrong there! At least 2 out of 3 probably do that.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Nobody said that it was required to use both pieces of wire.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Sometimes I say, cool, you need to talk to John

and put the phone down.

But I more often just hang up.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

We had a woodpecker that was so dumb he'd peck on galvanized flashing making a helluva racket thru out the house :-( ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box...producing elegant & economic solutions.

He may be looking for a mate. In the spring here the yellow bellied sap suckers go around making noise, some prefer thumping on hollow trees, but other bang on metal. Maybe some female woodpeckers like that heavy metal sound. :^)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Sno-o-o-o-ort! ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box...producing elegant & economic solutions.

It's possible that only 50% knew the answer and the other 50% guessed.

;-)

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

we

,
.

There must have been a nest nearby since robins are aggressive only when th eir nest is threatened. You can buy this translucent bird tape which does a whole house for just a few dollars. There are other products but this one has been scientifically tested for effectiveness and durability. They test it by making birds fly down a test tunnel with the tape at the end.

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

OTOH, if some moron calls me on the phone and asks if the Earth's two moons orbit the sun, I'll tell them anything that pops into my head. If they're not paying me to take the survey (none have offered nearly enough), they're getting the most bizarre answers I can come up with. F 'em.

Reply to
krw

There's a new one, too, but its harder to see.

Reply to
krw

We used to have a flock of Cedar Waxwings attack our cherry tree every year, get drunk, and attack all the windows in the house.

Reply to
krw

Not dumb at all. He's telling potential mates he's got a big pecker. Seriously! We have one that attacks our chimney cap every spring.

Reply to
krw

My father was an EE prof and would give exams where the questions included too much information. Too much information threw off most students. ...and that was more than fifty years ago.

Reply to
krw

Old mews, and I mean old. I mean when Howard Stern was on regular radio. He wasn't the first one, but he did at least one of those Man on the street t ype things and the results were also not promising. So did a few standup co medians. Dave Letterman, Jay Leno and whoever.

Tell you what though, it is actually an improvement IIRC. If memory serves, like ten years or so ago they were saying like 31 %.

And it gets worse. Few years ago on a forum, I read that someone's teenager was watching the tube and asked Mom what the equator is. Well Mom is not h appy, ad goes down to the school at closing time and wants to talk to the s cience teacher, and asks said teacher why her kid does not know what the eq uator is. Turns out the SCIENCE teacher did not know what the equator is.

So Mom goes to the principal and tells him/her, and the principal of the sc hool does not know what the equator is.

How do you expect them to get smart in such an environment ? And the fact i s it did not start yesterday. Plus, some just would not take to it. Institu tionalized learning, does that really sound good ?

Reply to
jurb6006