Amazon

hen he doesn't know what I've scored on IQ tests, and is dim enough to thin k that scores on a test that is primarily designed to be cheap and quick ar e worth worrying about. More expensive signals - like names on patents and papers published in peer-reviewed journals - don't register with him, becau se he hasn't generated any of them.

Which is what I would guess based on you posts here.

do not score all that well.

Bad guess.

ls as how much your net worth has increased since you started working. Esp ecially how much of the increase is due to you and excluding increases gen erated by your wife.

Signals that a sensible person would not broadcast for public access.

Patents and the peer-reviewed literature are intrinsically public. Sad that they don't suit you.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

hen he doesn't know what I've scored on IQ tests, and is dim enough to thin k that scores on a test that is primarily designed to be cheap and quick ar e worth worrying about. More expensive signals - like names on patents and papers published in peer-reviewed journals - don't register with him, becau se he hasn't generated any of them.

Which is what I would guess based on you posts here.

do not score all that well.

Bad guess. When I was working in Cambridge I got to hear a lot about Clive Sinclair from people who had worked with him or for him

He apparently scores very high on IQ tests,and is a member of British Mensa and was chairman for 17 years from 1980 to 1997.

Whatever it is that let him score well on IQ tests, it didn't stop him from doing famously stupid things. Clive had a particular obsession with using the cheapest possible components from dubious suppliers, and it proved impo ssible to get it through to him that putting together multi-components devi ces from unreliable components made it likely at that at least one of the c omponents wouldn't work, wrecking your production yield, and wiping out the financial gain you got by using the very cheap components - you still had to pay for the box, the printed circuit board and the display on every unit that didn't work.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

hen he doesn't know what I've scored on IQ tests, and is dim enough to thin k that scores on a test that is primarily designed to be cheap and quick ar e worth worrying about. More expensive signals - like names on patents and papers published in peer-reviewed journals - don't register with him, becau se he hasn't generated any of them.

Which is what I would guess based on you posts here.

There's an odd category of Mensan that should not be trusted with shoe lace s. Their unrealistic ego driven notions outweight the limited increase in i q & result in an inability to relate constructively with others. They invar iably lack the ability to realistically assess the iq of others.

Reply to
tabbypurr

ces. Their unrealistic ego driven notions outweight the limited increase in iq & result in an inability to relate constructively with others. They inv ariably lack the ability to realistically assess the iq of others.

My experience is that high IQ individuals do not have big egos and are able to relate well with others. It may be that those that join Mensa do have big egos. I have known a fair number of people that are eligible to join M ensa, but as far as I know none of them ever joined Mensa.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

People with big egos generally don't want to belong to any club that would accept them as a member.

Reply to
bitrex

The true measure of a man is whether he has to pay women to f*ck him, and the ranks of the Right are filled to the bursting with rich bros mad that some guys get for free what they have to pay for.

They call themselves "men." Heh.

Reply to
bitrex

We got an objectively confirmed one of those as President at the moment, as a matter of fact.

Reply to
bitrex

The Home Depot near me stocks 60/40 rosin core solder for electronics work which I was somewhat surprised about

Reply to
bitrex

I bought one share of AMZN for $998 in July of last year and it closed at around $1670 today for a gain of 70% in less than a year.

Reply to
billbowden12

laces. Their unrealistic ego driven notions outweight the limited increase in iq & result in an inability to relate constructively with others. They i nvariably lack the ability to realistically assess the iq of others.

le to relate well with others. It may be that those that join Mensa do hav e big egos. I have known a fair number of people that are eligible to join Mensa, but as far as I know none of them ever joined Mensa.

Mensa is well known to exist to allow people who aren't very bright, but st ill score well on IQ tests, to advertise the fact that they score well on I Q tests.

You don't have to be all that bright to realise that IQ tests don't measure actual inteliigence (whatever that might be) but easy-to-measure features that often (but not always) correlate with it, and that a high score on an IQ test is a poor substitute for harder-to-acquire markers that correlate b etter with whatever it is that constitutes intelligence.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to