Amazing, sometimes you come to the same conclusions, sort of

Amazing, sometimes you come to the same conclusions, sort of:

After doing the GPS in the ear wax box, yesterday I rewrote gpspc for the Raspberry Pi, named it rgpspc, but the 2.5 inch analog display turns out to be unreadable, and if you increase font size, than it does not fit.

Also air pressure, compass, and I will keep the 6 axis acceleratior sensor and re-write for nautical use (do we still need altitude??, actually yes, inland, but GPS altitude is not that reliable at the meter level).

So.. I already have Navigatrix and opencpn, and tried that on raspberry, but irritating slow.

So, but Raspi as stand alone data acquisition (and server?) started looking for the original authors of the navigatrix navigation parts...

Wow! And I still have a wifi stick somewhere (in my picture it is on ethernet). Nice monitor he has, 'cost almost nothing? Must be from ebay, OK found it

Bought one. :-)

It is interesting that these 800x480 monitors come with Chinese, English, and Russian language choice.

Anyways, I will not use Java, but C, but may try his code. But even more interesting is that there is only ONE optimum solution,. so I arrived at the same one:

That authors blog:

Jan Panteltje

There's a few other interesting uses for these: check out

Reply to
whit3rd

On a sunny day (Sat, 2 May 2015 08:42:51 -0700 (PDT)) it happened whit3rd wrote in :

That is nice, that laser trick is nice too. Yes I have several of those PAL or NTSC cameras.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje