Allied tube power transformer

Several years ago I remember buying an Allied Electric branded power transformer similar to this one:

ab=overview

But if I recall correctly the unit I bought was somewhat smaller; the primary had no center tap and the filament winding was rated for just 300 mA. It doesn't seem to be on their site anymore. Does anyone make a similar product?

At these power levels I'm wondering if it might be easier and cheaper to just use a switcher for B+.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Try Edcor too.

Or if you had an automotive application in mind,

Tim

-- Seven Transistor Labs Electrical Engineering Consultation Website:

Tim Williams

Nice use of the "Forrest Mims" oscillator topology!

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Hmm, hadn't thought of that. I pieced that together from scratch, but I suppose some of the feedback bits are reminiscient. It's not really a multivibrator though, more like a monostable with a variably leaky re-trigger.

Predecessors used feedback from the output transistor (gate or drain), but as this varies with supply and load voltage, I try to avoid doing that. Still, comparable performance and behavior (current mode control, no feedback winding required) from four transistors wasn't too bad either.

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs
Electrical Engineering Consultation