Allegro's Hall-effect current sensors

Allegro's Hall-effect current sensors are interesting small ICs, with 1.1kV-peak electrical isolation from the current-carrying wire,

I bring this up only because I found an Allegro app note with a fascinating illustration of the construction of these ICs,

 Thanks,
    - Win
Reply to
Winfield Hill

Very interesting. I've seen larger-current parts, obviously for large motor drives/hybrid vehicles, but never available off-the-shelf or so affordably. Newark's price is about $3 in small quantity and I can think of all sorts of things that this makes feasible to me now.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

Hmmm, now I can compute the instantaneous junction temperature of

*every fet* in a power amp.

John

Hello Win,

Thanks! I took the liberty to post a similar message in the German electronics newsgroup. Of course not without quoting you as the source.

Digikey states $1.62 for 3000qty. That comes dang close to the usual toroid solution except that it is unlikely that there'd be a 2nd source for a long time.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

RL

Reply to
legg

Hi all,

OK take
instead :-)
I don't know the english page :-) I remember, there is a company named LUST around, too. But trying to search something using this word produces too much shit...

I used them 6 years ago... whats new in this topic?

Marte

Reply to
Marte Schwarz

Hello Marte,

ROFL! I bet it did, huh? It's scary what's out on the web these days, especially when thinking about kids who could come across that.

Anyway, try:

To me it's the really low price of the Allegro parts that Win mentioned. This might allow their use in situations where so far cost had ruled out a good Hall sensor solution.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg