Airbus A350 first flight a success, will Boeing apply for Chapter 11?

Airbus A350 first flight a success, will Boeing apply for Chapter 11?

The 350 is an all composite airplane that is bigger and 10 % more fuel efficient than the Boeing dreamliner., and uses safer battery technology.

Jan Panteltje

Jan Panteltje schrieb:

Hello,

did you notice that this article is more than 3 years old?

Bye

Reply to
Uwe Hercksen

... and also that first deliveries are not planned before end of next year, at best.

So, now that I had my morning chuckle, I can get to work :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

efficient than the Boeing dreamliner.,

I hope the 350 doesn't become the same money loser as the 380 or the A400M.

Boeing has years of backlog. Last quarter it sold $19 billion and earned over a billion.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Yes, very old. Here's a newer one:

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

efficient than the Boeing dreamliner.,

On the other hand, Airbus learned a lot from Boeing's problems of launching the 787 and can probably leapfrog most of them.

Reply to
cameo

On a sunny day (Fri, 14 Jun 2013 16:06:14 +0200) it happened Uwe Hercksen wrote in :

That link was just to show to the ignorant the differences between the dreamfire and the Airbus A350.

If you were a bit up to date, I for example spend part of the day watching the first flight of the A350, from start to landing, you would appreciate this nice new piece of European engineering.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Fri, 14 Jun 2013 07:25:54 -0700) it happened Joerg wrote in :

You will have to, 10% better fuel efficiency an nobody will buy the dreamfire anymore. Except from market protection POV, so and helping Boeing survicve with taxpayers money, like the car industry, you pay.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

anymore.

taxpayers money, like the car industry,

That's funny when an Airbus supporter accuses Boeing for surviving on taxpayer money. Airbus couldn't even launch many of its models without goverment launch aid.

Reply to
cameo

So, hic Rhodus, hic salta: Where can I book a flight on an A350, right now?

And Airbus uses no subsidies? Yeah, right. Dream on.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

efficient than the Boeing dreamliner.,

over a

Not if they keep crashing planes before they even finish building them. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

first flight of the A350,

engineering.

Blind pig syndrome? How much oil does it leak, and did Lucas build the electronics for it?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Well, Boeing planes crash, too, but they learn even from crashes. From what I know, both companies build fine planes though for me at least, Boeig planes look nicer on the outside. Just look at that whale in the sky, the A380. It sure looks ugly and hardly anybody wants to buy it. Not to mention fly with it and face the crowd during deplaning and baggage collecting. Airbus would lose its shirt on it if it was not for the goverment launch aid loan they won't have to repay.

Reply to
cameo

In all fairness I have to say that I enjoyed flying on the Airbus A380 so far. Several reasons:

a. It's very quiet. Well, as long as you get a seat around rows 50-60 on the UAL/LH flights.

b. They have a captain's camera so you can see the landing just like the crew does. Very cool when landing at an airport with a not excessively long runway like IAH.

c. They have Warsteiner beer and they don't charge for it :-)

Boarding is no problem because they use two gangways instead of one. Baggage claiming is a bit tougher but not hugely more time consuming than with a modern Boeing 747.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

The airline industry doesn't work that way.

Airliners are carefully designed to fill the gap between their closest competitors, so even if the final product underperforms it will still be optimal for some segment of the market. Better or worse just determines the size of that segment.

E.g. if a particular route is limited by availability of landing slots, larger aircraft may generate more total profit even if the margin is lower.

But beyond that, the principle of not putting all of your eggs in one basket carries a lot of weight. Airlines deliberately diversify their fleets to limit the risk of lost capacity in the event that a particular model is grounded.

Reply to
Nobody

My wife and I flew Quantas A380 to Australia, and then back from New Zealand a couple of years ago. Probably the most comfortable long flights we've ever taken. Compared to most other long-haul planes we've been in, we found it quiet and spacious. The fact that the Quantas flight attendants were, well, attentive, certainly didn't hurt matters at all.

Dave Platt

I like Qantas. When I inquired if I could see the label of the bottle of wine they had just served, they gave me a full bottle >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Was that in coach or business class?

I remember American Airlines being that way. A very long time ago.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Coach. ...Jim Thompson

Wow! Note to self: If going to AUS fly Qantas. Hoping they also have good brewsky ...