advice for making a tiny device for data collection and transmission

Hello,

Im using some hobby time to make a device which collects data from a remote temperature sensor and then performs some rudimentary corelation analysis and stores it on board (about 8-16MB) for sometime. Later it will be transmitted using a class 3 Bluetooth transmitter to my PDA.

The above is the conceptualization. Ive searched around and found devices from microchip(http://

for the PIC processing chip, But the chips offered are slightly bigger than what im aiming for. Im clueless as to the best components out there. Im looking at each to have a really small form factor (of lesser than 5x8mm^2), for each of the components above.

Any suggestions reg the optimal microprocessor/pic chip ; Btooth, storage would be welcome. Also a bluetooth transmitter which also comes with signal processing inbuilt would may possibly help to cut down the size(?)

thanks

ss

Reply to
ssposts

Some of the pics are tiny, just depends if they have the horsepower you want. How big overall should this thing be, as I believe the Btooth would comprise the largest part of it.

Reply to
Brian