AC power adapter grounding

But does it have night-vision sights?

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

We need to hear from his wife how good his aim is.

Reply to
spamtrap1888

Displayed this thread to the UL and TUVR assessment engineers at my lab for witness testing yesterday. They laughed their asses off.

UL engineer - "never ceases to amaze me that even the most competent designers do not understand the basic physics for safety requirements." TUVR engineer - "their willing ignorance is peanut butter on our tables." me - "as both a designer and a compliance guy, their willing ignorance is costing my employer $100,000 per year."

UL1310, CSA No. 223 -> read the whole damn standard. And since most do not have the attention span to read a 500-page standard, min required reading to understand topic-related requirements in UL/IEC60950-1 -> 1.2.4.2, 1.2.9.4, 1.2.9.5,

1.4.14, 2.2, 2.6.2, 2.7, 2.9

For those that consider themselves 'professional' designers read UL840 and UL5085-x and the scoped UL60745-x.

Shut up and sit down.

Reply to
Brian

"Brian"

** Care to point out where I posted any wrong info ?

BTW 1:

the *number 1* reason so many "designers" are woefully ignorant of safety standards is they do not have access to copies of the relevant standards - and you need to read and comprehend a few of them to get across the topic.

These legalistic documents are expensive to buy and are full of almost unreadable gibberish - one needs to become expert at interpreting the peculiar language used in order to "get it".

Additionally, most designers are not involved with the design of any class II appliances and wisely leave all the ( AC supply related ) safety stuff to transformer makers and SMPS makers.

BTW 2:

Do you really have to be such a SMUG ASSHOLE ??

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

On a sunny day (Sat, 25 Aug 2012 17:39:08 -0700) it happened Brian wrote in :

Instead of spitting out reference scould you, in a few words, explain what you are babbling about?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

You are a goddamned retard.

If it is AC powered, it will be underwritten by an acceptance lab. In this case, UL.

You have a problem with that? Get the f*ck out of my industry, idiot.

Reply to
SoothSayer

AlwaysWrong is, surprise, wrong again.

The fact that it's wrong certainly doesn't bother you, AlwaysWrong.

*Your* industry? You own an entire industry now? Which one, they lie industry? No, that can't be it; Demonicrats have a pretty good stake there, too. You must be talking about the janitorial services industry, though that's pretty impressive, too, DimBulb.
Reply to
krw

Then shitcan one and watch the others fall into muster. Make sure they know WHY he was shitcanned.

Reply to
SoothSayer