AC line filters

I've heard of some electronic devices having problems running on the output of a modified sine wave output inverter or small generator that may not have the best sine wave shape. Would there be any problem using a 1, 2, or 3 stage AC line filter to clean up the output waveform of either, and would it do any good? They aren't that expensive so adding one to a generator would seem to me to make a lot of sense. What am I missing?

--
Regards,
Carl Ijames

I've heard of some electronic devices having problems running on the output of a modified sine wave output inverter or small generator that may not have the best sine wave shape. Would there be any problem using a 1, 2, or 3 stage AC line filter to clean up the output waveform of either, and would it do any good? They aren't that expensive so adding one to a generator would seem to me to make a lot of sense. What am I missing? ================================================================

Grr, never mind, I misread the frequency scale on the datasheet attenuation chart I was looking at, it was in kilohertz not hertz. I knew there had to be simple reason or everyone would already be doing it.

--
Regards,
Carl Ijames

That doesn't change the fact that you could clean the waveform up with LC filtering. I'd make sure as much resistive load were also added.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr