About stepper motors controlling (help)

I'm looking for the best way for stepper motor controlling: I tried to approximate the continuous space versus time curve, calculating the time intervals where space increase one but it requires square root and divisions that whould force me to choose a very fast microcontroller/dsp. I've looked for some commercial controller and I've seen that all of them have a cycle loop: seems like they don't control directly space; they instead update the speed at any control cycle approximating so the speed versus time curve: it is correct ?

Thanks in advance.

Simone Navari.

Reply to
simnav

You shouldn't have to calculate anything on the fly. Sit down at the bench with a representative motor and some instruments, like tach, torque measuring device (I used a spring scale on a crank arm), and so on, a simple controller with knobs, and characterize your motor.

Now that you have all your figures, you can make a LUT.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise