ABC editor "PROG Delay" question

I am using a "Hot chip"/"ABC mini" with Atmel AVR AT90S8535 and I am using ABC editor to connect to pc with parallel port.

ABC editor can detect the hot chip and possible to read, erase, however it appear a "verify error" box when .hex is program to microcontroller

The question is as follow

1) I've found it is the issue of "PROG delay" in the manual, and it is require to set more than "750000" in fast computer, However my microcontroller still can not be work when 750000 to 1250000 is set on "PROG Delay".

2) Could you guys please suggest me a suitable/ easy way to connect "Hot chip"/ AT90S8535 to pc?

sommes