A Stupid Header File Question-ZDSII and the Z8

I got some good help here so I will try again.

I am trying to get simple programs to compile. Now I have had the fancy application notes compile and then not run.

So my beginning task is a basic repeater of the RS232 uart line.

And I am trying to get a lousy three line code to compile in the ZDS IDE.

It seems to be a header file order of precidence issue??? IS there a trick to ZDS and header files I should know about?

The function prototype error is not very helpful when the prototype is declared.

Reply to
Douglas Eagleson

I down loaded vs 4.10.1 from Zilog. It has a better error hander than the last version. SO my error was evident. A signed/unsigned assignment issue.

The previous compiler had an error handler that indicated a header messup.

So I am on my way now.

Reply to
Douglas Eagleson