a small puzzle

It was? I thought you were saying it produced lots of power but no work. The only difference between work and power is that power is a rate while work is a quantity.

--

Rick C
Reply to

to be pedantic it drops, there's no 100% efficient gearing.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Guess I was unclear, that happens sometimes...but in general, power goes in, work comes out. For motors, at least, generators are opposite. So, to finish off this dead horse, the thing is "consuming" max power at stall & producing no work. Time to bury the poor horse, starting to stink! :-)

Reply to
Bill Martin