A mobile phone display that's less than 1mm thick [PIC]

Samsung have announced a brand new AMOLED display for mobile phones that's less than 1mm thick...

ryanomatic8

Whoopeedooo.

How about a phone without a @#$%&* camera?

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | America: Land of the Free, Because of the Brave

pleb - this is actually very intersting and generally important for the indsutry - miniaturization is a muxt if we are to cram all the features into the tinyest case.

classic example of senile bitterness - sad to see this, erm... "man" who has several patents to his name is really a lazy immature big-mouth far too keen to gob-off about anything and in so doing suggest that beyond odd sparks of elctronic wizardy, he really aint that bright.

Reply to
feebo

Sadly true.

Reply to
Charles

Charles, You've been added to the same list that feebo was already on.

...Jim Thompson

On Jul 8, 2:17 pm, Jim Thompson

1) phone with camera 2) milling machine 3) epoxy filler
Reply to
cs_posting

So, anyone who doesn't want every bad idea that cam be crammed into a cell phone is senile? Say hello to Phyllis.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I see that you're just as arrogant, and ignorant here as you are on news:sci.electronics repair. Did you get tired of giving bad advice over there and decide to spread your delusions here?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

;-) Seriously... disassembly instructions anyone?

I'm constantly having to surrender my phone at secure locations.

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | America: Land of the Free, Because of the Brave

Not sure if it's available in your country though.

Regards,

Iwo

Reply to
Iwo Mergler

no but you have missed the point entirely. It being:

lots of stuff is posted here but none of it can be interesting to everyone - if everyone starts posting flippant idiotic comments about everything that's OK with you? if you have nothing to say, say nothing. JT (actually that is slang for penis here in UK... kinda fits :o) is always posting massively OT s**te and making stupid comments about anything he doesn't like, giving the world the "benefit" of his jaundiced narrow view of things. He believes his own press, a few patents and he really thinks there is nothing he can learn but loads he can spout. He's like that bore at a party that follows you around until you have to be rude to wipe him off, then he just goes and jumps on someone elses shoulder and starts again.

As for Phyllis - you must have left your brains in eye-rack or where-ever you did your service - I haven't a clue what you are talking about

feebo

So, If you don't want a camera, you're "technophobic"? Bwahahahahahaha ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Many Blackberries (sp) don't have cameras. I haven't checked lately, but last time I bought one, they were made in Canada rather than slopped together in China.

I've seen OLED in demo phones for years at CES. I don't know if any ever made it to market, but I'm sure they would be better for use in daylight.

We the first camera phones showed up at CES, my comment was "This will lead to invasions of privacy at best, and worse having to check your phone at the door." Well, I've seen enough cellphone photos of female butts sticking out of low rise jeans to last a lifetime (well, not really). Generally places that make you surrender your phone do so independent of having a camera.

Reply to
miso

Make that a *CRAPPY* camera.

--
  Keith
Reply to

Sad, isn't it? I'm doing system design for high-end mobile phones at work, but the F3 is my one and only phone.

It takes a lot of advanced technology to reach that level of simplicity.

Regards,

Iwo

Reply to
Iwo Mergler

but it is a nice "clean" looking phone - would use it.

Reply to
feebo