A high power RF LDMOS transistor - Page 2

Re: A high power RF LDMOS transistor

It's a problem all over the Western world, Jim. Same in Europe. So many
teachers are Lefties and they're trying to 'equalise' the children
regardless of what ethnic background they come from. That essentially
means dumbing down the white kids. Well, it's easier than the
alternative, eh?

Re: A high power RF LDMOS transistor
On Sun, 28 Aug 2016 16:16:49 -0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom

I live in an area of Arizona where the charter schools far out-number
the "public" (*) schools.

So we don't have as much dumbing-down.

Saw a bumper sticker yesterday... "Hang the bitch", you get only one
guess as to the identity of the "bitch" >:-}

(*) Charter schools are actually open-enrollment in Arizona... you can
choose to go to one at will... drives the teachers' unions batty.

                                        ...Jim Thompson
Re: A high power RF LDMOS transistor

Donald wanted to shoot her, but I'm easy either way.

Re: A high power RF LDMOS transistor

It's a trifle ironic to hear Jim-out-of-touch-with-reality-Thompson complai
ning that the rising generation doesn't know enough history or science. He
may think that what he thinks he knows is right, so the fact that the risin
g generation don't share his misconceptions would be proof that they haven'
t been educated right.

Krw certainly seems to think that way.

Cursitor Doom is even more off the wall. The evidence suggests that educati
onal outcomes are getting better rather than worse, and getting minority st
udents up to "white" level doesn't seem to take anything more than spending
 as much on educating them as is spent on the white kids.

US education does seem to keep more kids in school until they finish high s
chool than it used to. When Jim was a kid, only about half the population f
inished high school, and it's now up to about 80%, and minority kids are pe
rforming a lot more like white kids than they used to.

http://www.americaspromise.org/high-school-graduation-facts-ending-dropout-
crisis

Teachers may tend to be leftist, but that may reflect their direct exposure
 the social problems that most right-wingers prefer to ignore.

Cursitor Doom thinks that keeping taxes down has to be more important than
training kids to become educated, employable and capable of earning a regul
ar income that's big enough to pay taxes on.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: A high power RF LDMOS transistor

It is.

Re: A high power RF LDMOS transistor
On Sun, 28 Aug 2016 21:46:19 -0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom

Slowman is such a dumb ass he doesn't understand that what masquerades
now as a college "education" only prepares one to be on welfare.

We went to VI for breakfast this morning.  I was almost reduced to
tears by the satisfaction of seeing complete families, FATHER and
mother and well-behaved children, and conversation rather than
everyone gawking at their separate "smart" phones.

                                        ...Jim Thompson
Re: A high power RF LDMOS transistor

An increasingly rare sight nowadays, owing to Western governments
following the sort of policies advocated by BS. :(

Re: A high power RF LDMOS transistor
On Sun, 28 Aug 2016 23:29:58 -0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom

Slowman _does_ have appropriate initials >:-}

                                        ...Jim Thompson
Re: A high power RF LDMOS transistor
ng

Jim Tohompson is such a dumb-ass that he thinks that all colleges are equal
, and everything that can be described as a college education can be tarred
 with the same brush.

Jim went to MIT and John Larkin went to Tulane. They don't seem to have lea
rned quite the same sort of stuff in the process.

The US has 4,726 tertiary institions which can describe themselves as colle
ges. The quality spans a vast range, from a few that are amongst the best i
n the world down to fraudulent diploma mills. There was even a Trump Univer
sity, though that's been shut and does seem to be being sued for fraud.

That Jim thinks he can lump together all the products on offer as a single
"college education" does suggest that he ought to sue MIT for not teaching
him critical thinking.

What he did learn does seem to have been enough to keep him off welfare, bu
t it clearly wasn't all that MIT could have taught him if he'd been interes
ted in learning more than he needed to know to stay off welfare.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: A high power RF LDMOS transistor

I can't watch O'Really because the thought of a falafel rubdown disturbs
me.

Re: A high power RF LDMOS transistor

I look forward to a future where there is no longer any such thing as a
"career in politics" and the concept becomes nothing more than an
historical curiosity.

Re: A high power RF LDMOS transistor

Cursitor Doom looks forward to a lot of improbable futures, perhaps because his grasp of current reality is a trifle feeble.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: A high power RF LDMOS transistor

I don't believe so. The current model of democracy is broken. It doesn't
work and I'll tell you for why: there is no alignment of interests
between the governors and the governed. This is the case regardless of
the system in place; from Fascism through to Communism and all the shades
in between and it's the reason why things will never get any better,
until there is fundamental reform of the process by which we choose those
who govern us.

Re: A high power RF LDMOS transistor

The US does seem to be in a bit of mess. It's being run for the benefit of
the very well-off at the expense of everybody else. Most other advanced ind
ustrial countries do better.

Neither Fascism or Communism is in the least democratic, and both are hopel
ess ways of running a country. There are a range of democratic constitution
al arrangements, some more democratic than others. The US system is one of
the less democratic and isn't working too well. The Dutch, Germans and Scan
dinavians all go for proportional representation, and the way it worked in
the Netherlands when I was living there struck me as whole lot better than
the British and Australian systems.

Australia has a single transferable vote in single member constituencies in
 the lower house, which seems to work just as badly as the US and UK first-
past-the-post systems. Australia does use proportional representation for t
he Senate, which does introduce rather more voter influence, but since the
Senate can't originate legislation, the influence is largely manifested in
stopping silly ideas, which is good, but not as good as launching sensible
initiatives.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: A high power RF LDMOS transistor

Yes, and your desire to see Hillary win the presidency will do precisely
zilch to remedy this sad state of affairs.

Funny how you avoided mentioning Switzerland in your european summary,
Bill. Now I wonder why that might be....?

Re: A high power RF LDMOS transistor

Whereas it Trump won, there'd be a serious risk of the US falling into a much bigger mess.

I never lived there, and their political system is downright odd, and would be difficult to replicate in a bigger country, not that anybody in their right mind would want to.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Switzerland

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: A high power RF LDMOS transistor

Trump, Bill and Hillary are all plutocrats. The difference is, Trump has
made his billions honestly whereas the Clintons' ill-got gains have
accrued through corruption and selling-out the very American people they
purport to represent. I'd say that makes Trump the lesser of the evils.

Re: A high power RF LDMOS transistor

You would, but you haven't noticed that Trump University has been shut down
 and is being investigated for fraud. It's possible that Trump actually has
 billions, but he's had enough schemes go bankrupt that a little skepticism
 is in order (not that you've got enough sense to manage skepticism).

You don't like the fact that Clintons have accumulated quite a bit of money
, but when Ken Starr tried to find out if they had done anything illegal, h
e came up empty.

If Trump thought that he could nail either of them for corruption or "selli
ng out the American people" he'd be doing it. Instead he's spreading silly
rumours that Hillary is less than healthy.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Trump isn't all that clever, but he does seem to cleverer than you.

Re: A high power RF LDMOS transistor

He's keeping his powder dry *for now* - and quite rightly too. Tactics,
dear boy, tactics!

Re: A high power RF LDMOS transistor

I'm sure that the Democrats are being equally tactical about Trump's shady business dealings - getting him extradited to face charges in some other country would be so much more effective just before the vote.

As for Trump having any "powder" to keep dry, or the level of impulse control required to stage a tactical surprise, I'm skeptical - not a state of mind that you have enough wit to sustain.

I'm afraid that Hillary's criminality, and her neurological disorders, are both products of right-wing wishful thinking - rather like Trump's wall along the US-Mexico border, but just a smidgen more deluded.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Site Timeline