A high power RF LDMOS transistor

Most countries have strict rules about how much can be spent on political a dvertising. US elections are strongly influenced by well-funded advertising campaigns, some of them propagating total nonsense - remember the "Swift B oat People" lies that converted John Kerry's edge over Dubbya - decorated V ietnam veteran versus draft-dodger - into a disadvantage.

It's difficult to like police who shoot members of minority groups in dispr oportionate numbers. The Democrats would like the police to be better paid, better trained and better educated, but the Republicans think it more impo rtant to keep taxes low.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

How about Spiro Agnew? Except that even he wasn't enough impeachment insurance, so he had to go first.

Probably closer to LBJ, as far as assassination insurance goes. ...except they didn't count on a loose nut.

Reply to
krw

Not really in either case. You state the reason for Spiro the Gyro.

LBJ was intelligent and effective, cf Quayle.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Almost all this NXP range (and Philip's Ampleon, same roots) are 50V devices. The actual Vds(max) is about 3x that. The related reference designs show output impedances below 4 ohms in some cases. Input impedances are even lower!

Here's a 2M 1250W amateur transmitter reference design:

Here's an 87.5-108MHz 1100W CW broadcast design:

A 170-230 MHz, 225 W Avg (1250W peak) DTV design:

Interesting reading anyhow.

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

I look forward to a future where there is no longer any such thing as a "career in politics" and the concept becomes nothing more than an historical curiosity.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

It is.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Indeed! A very impressive device.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Pence is Establishment. If they can't control Trump - as appears - he'll get whacked just like JFK and Pence will take over.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Until you run into one of the less-well educated cops.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Cursitor Doom looks forward to a lot of improbable futures, perhaps because his grasp of current reality is a trifle feeble.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

An acquaintance of mine was talking to a cop in Louisiana (IIRC). The cop said "now don't you go fooling me boy" and inspected his documents.

It was several hours before he twigged the cop was illiterate.

Not a good starting point for the correct enforcement of the law.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Yes, very interesting designs with the MRFE6VP61K25HR5. The "50V" device labels mislead me. While I read 50V, they actually said Vdd = 50V, and the part had a 125V maximum spec. OK. The drains would nominally swing to 100V max in the designs.

Misreading the MRF1K50H 50V spec as the maximum implies 20V supplies, etc. Hah, a 135V datasheet maximum is good, but the $230 to $270 prices slow one down a bit. There are more affordable RF power transistors in this class, like the 25W 133V MRFE6VS25NR1 driver for $26, and older parts like the 120V 30W MRF148 sell for $38.

Some of us use these MOSFETs as fast high-current 25 or 50-ohm DC switches, rather than as RF amplifiers. Of course, we'd like to see higher voltage ratings. I've been working with 1200V low-capacitance SiC power MOSFETs, 1.2kV is more like it! For example, whereas the MRFE6VS25NR1 shows Coss = 15pF at 50V on its plot, a Cree C2M0280120D shows 35pF at 200V. OK, that's certainly not exactly an RF transistor!

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Cops don't need to be educated. That's why a lot of thickos join the police in the first place.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I don't believe so. The current model of democracy is broken. It doesn't work and I'll tell you for why: there is no alignment of interests between the governors and the governed. This is the case regardless of the system in place; from Fascism through to Communism and all the shades in between and it's the reason why things will never get any better, until there is fundamental reform of the process by which we choose those who govern us.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Indeed. The only thing Obama is right about is that we are no longer an exceptional country. We've become a nation of village idiots, manically clutching their "smart" phones... knowing absolutely no history, no math or science... not even knowing who their current politicians are... waiting for their free lunch, college "education", higher minimum wage, and trigger warnings. Boy are they in for a surprise when they finally realize the lies were just to buy their vote!

For a combination of hysterical and sad, watch a "Watter's World" segment on Fox News Network (usually during O'Reilly).

...Jim Thompson

                Opa, Do all fairy tales begin with
                       "Once Upon A Time?"

                No Darling, There is a whole series
                  of fairy tales that begin with
                      "If Elected I Promise"

That's my fear w.r.t. Brexit.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

It's a problem all over the Western world, Jim. Same in Europe. So many teachers are Lefties and they're trying to 'equalise' the children regardless of what ethnic background they come from. That essentially means dumbing down the white kids. Well, it's easier than the alternative, eh?

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I live in an area of Arizona where the charter schools far out-number the "public" (*) schools.

So we don't have as much dumbing-down.

Saw a bumper sticker yesterday... "Hang the bitch", you get only one guess as to the identity of the "bitch" >:-}

(*) Charter schools are actually open-enrollment in Arizona... you can choose to go to one at will... drives the teachers' unions batty. ...Jim Thompson

                             DEMOCRAT

      The Party of Sexual Deviants, COP Haters,
                        and Unions Covering for Bad Teachers

It's a trifle ironic to hear Jim-out-of-touch-with-reality-Thompson complai ning that the rising generation doesn't know enough history or science. He may think that what he thinks he knows is right, so the fact that the risin g generation don't share his misconceptions would be proof that they haven' t been educated right.

Krw certainly seems to think that way.

Cursitor Doom is even more off the wall. The evidence suggests that educati onal outcomes are getting better rather than worse, and getting minority st udents up to "white" level doesn't seem to take anything more than spending as much on educating them as is spent on the white kids.

US education does seem to keep more kids in school until they finish high s chool than it used to. When Jim was a kid, only about half the population f inished high school, and it's now up to about 80%, and minority kids are pe rforming a lot more like white kids than they used to.

crisis

Teachers may tend to be leftist, but that may reflect their direct exposure the social problems that most right-wingers prefer to ignore.

Cursitor Doom thinks that keeping taxes down has to be more important than training kids to become educated, employable and capable of earning a regul ar income that's big enough to pay taxes on.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

The US does seem to be in a bit of mess. It's being run for the benefit of the very well-off at the expense of everybody else. Most other advanced ind ustrial countries do better.

Neither Fascism or Communism is in the least democratic, and both are hopel ess ways of running a country. There are a range of democratic constitution al arrangements, some more democratic than others. The US system is one of the less democratic and isn't working too well. The Dutch, Germans and Scan dinavians all go for proportional representation, and the way it worked in the Netherlands when I was living there struck me as whole lot better than the British and Australian systems.

Australia has a single transferable vote in single member constituencies in the lower house, which seems to work just as badly as the US and UK first- past-the-post systems. Australia does use proportional representation for t he Senate, which does introduce rather more voter influence, but since the Senate can't originate legislation, the influence is largely manifested in stopping silly ideas, which is good, but not as good as launching sensible initiatives.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to