A decent alarm clock - what is it?

I have wanted an alarm clock with following features

-loud as hell, adjustable to the particular circle of hell :)

-reliable as the sun.

-portable, programmable easily.-can't be lost.

So I bought an app for the MAC - I paid up for it, $35 as I recall, because I wanted something that worked. And what did I get? A f---ing polite mosquito!

Anything anyone?

Tanks in advance JB

Reply to
haiticare2011

If you find something, let me know. Without my hearing aids, sleeping on the right side (my good ear :-), it takes a godly noise to wake me. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

"Portable" and "can't be lost" are mutually exclusive.

If you're willing to use a computer, every current OS has a "do this at this time" feature built into it somewhere. Have "this" be "play a .WAV/.MP3/whatever" and turn the speakers up loud before you go to bed.

I have sometimes seen alarm clocks that are claimed to be extremely loud sold at truck stops, of all places. Truckers sometimes need to wake up at odd hours and I guess some of them sleep very heavily. I think I've seen this one at a truck stop before:

You can also get alarm clocks that come with a "bed shaker", which is a little hockey-puck thing you put in/under the bed. When the sound alarm goes off, the bed shaker vibrates as well. An example:

Stores that cater to deaf people also have bed-shaker and bright-light alarm clocks.

Some "kitchen" clock-radios have a 110 V outlet that can be switched on at a certain time. You could plug whatever light or noisemaker you want into that. Not portable and vulnerable to power outages, though.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

How about a rooster - it includes all software and hardware and takes no power from the electrical grid. Works for scratch.

Reply to
Robert Baer