A cool Website for Small Signal Transistor Addicts

This web site came up in a Google Images search. Worth a view, both in English and in Google Translate from Russian. It takes a while to go through and find the Gems, but the Russians use a few current source topologies I had not seen. Lots of RF stuff.

Tim Williams and Jim might have a field day

Steve R.

Reply to
sroberts6328

Index_e is the English Page

is the Russian home with a lot more pages. Google Translate handles it wonderfully.

Steve

Reply to
sroberts6328

On a sunny day (Tue, 25 Nov 2014 07:58:05 -0800 (PST)) it happened " snipped-for-privacy@Null.Com" wrote in :

Interesting, never knew CdS cells were sensitive to X-rays (amplifiers - xray detector).

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Where are the "current source topologies I had not seen"? ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Found a number of them under "Power supply"... saw nothing new, but I've been doing current sinks/sources/mirrors for more than half a century ;-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

I found a zener in a diode bridge, as gain control for a Wien bridge oscillator. That was a new "mixture" for me. (I've never done a "real" current mirror... only unmatched discrete transistors.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

That's a Pease trademark circuit from Philbrick in the 1960s.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Yeah sure. (I love B. Pease's Bounding and clamping techniques Article.. circa ~70's in EDN) I'd just never thought of it for use as a gain control element.

George H. (I haven't been doing serious electronics for as long as most here so...)

Reply to
George Herold

And lots of "USSR germanium" PNPs... entertaining, but mostly 30-40 year old app circuit stuff, drifts all over the place.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Just like you.

Reply to
John S

It is interesting. I thought that this was a very clever "crystal set" in the way it minimises crossover distortion:

John

Reply to
jrwalliker

On a sunny day (Sun, 30 Nov 2014 11:34:10 -0800 (PST)) it happened snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in :

Nice, I did publish an amplifier test with RF bias reducing distortion here some years back. For a moment I was thinking about the old 2 transistor 'reflex' receivers, where the same transistor[s] was[were] used both as RF and then as LF amplifier. An example here:

You could do that to that Russian circuit perhaps... Not to confuse 'reflex' with 'in phase RF feedback to increase selectivity'.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje